HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Auberge Residences & Spa Tower 1 in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Miami Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 2:54 AM

Chicago's Gigantic Head Sculpture Coming To Biscayne Boulevard

By TNM Staff on March 2, 2016

A gigantic sculpture of a head will soon be installed on Biscayne Boulevard.

Related Group has purchased the 40-foot tall sculpture, known as Awilda. It was designed by artist Jaume Plensa.

The sculpture will be installed on the corner of 14th and Biscayne, in front of Related’s upcoming Auberge condominium tower. It had previously been on display in Chicago’s Millienium Park, and locals interviewed there were disappointed that it was being removed.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/sculptur...onday/1144174/

Awilda in front of the proposed Auberge condominium tower in downtown Miami :

http://i.imgur.com/Oczvknx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/mnwuTjM.jpg

http://www.thenextmiami.com/gigantic...yne-boulevard/

Old Posted Mar 9, 2016, 5:42 PM

It's beautiful, but it doesn't look 40' tall to me.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2016, 7:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Related Group has released a new rendering of Auberge Residences Miami.

Auberge “looks like Regalia [Sunny Isles] in downtown,” President Carlos Rosso told TNM.

In front of the sales center at 1400 Biscayne, a Botero sculpture has been installed. Marketing material for Auberge states that works by Botero, Jaume Plensa, and Julio Le Parc will be featured in the common areas of the completed project.
=======================
NXT

Old Posted Apr 13, 2016, 5:34 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Jul 12, 2016, 9:33 PM

Fort Lauderdale Boom Produces New Beachfront Residences

Quote:
With only 45 kilometres separating the two Florida cities, Fort Lauderdale is often overshadowed by the much larger metropolis of Miami. The annexation of outlying neighbourhoods has pushed the city's population past 170,000 people, while the local economy continues to diversify. During much of the 20th century, the city was primarily known as a popular spring break retreat for college students. It has since evolved into a more sophisticated destination with a broader range of attractions, pulling in wealthy tourists and large cruise ships.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2016, 10:11 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Aug 1, 2016, 10:12 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Higher Quality Rendering:

Credit: https://www.facebook.com/MiamiTodayN...type=3&theater

Last edited by chris08876; Feb 25, 2017 at 6:45 PM. Reason: Broken link fixed

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 6:45 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 8:09 PM

^ I don't recognize anything else in that render besides the Performing Arts center.
Where is that plaza ?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 8:30 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
^ I don't recognize anything else in that render besides the Performing Arts center.
Where is that plaza ?
Maybe the empty parking lots will be developed in the area? I don't believe its part of the Auberge plan unless they are also planning to develop those parking lots into park/plaza. The ones on 13th and 14th Street(s).

Or it could be that they just added it because parkinglots from that angle would make for a bad scene in a rendering. If so, sounds like a PR tactic.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2017, 6:10 PM

This ones not happening

https://therealdeal.com/miami/2017/0...arket-fizzles/

Quote:
The Related Group has shut down its Auberge Residences & Spa Miami project and returned buyers’ deposits amid a sluggish condo market, sources told The Real Deal.
Related launched the development in February 2016, just as sales were slowing in Miami’s preconstruction condo market. In August, TRD reported that construction of the 290-unit, 60-story tower was on hold until at least year-end 2018.
The sales center, at 1440 Biscayne Boulevard, has been closed since December, sources said. The phone number is disconnected and sales agents reached by phone this week said the project had been canceled. Carlos Rosso, president of Related’s condo development division, could not be reached for comment, nor could other executives at the firm, despite repeated requests for comment.
As of April 2016, Auberge had reserved 20 percent of its units, Related vice president Jon Paul Perez said a year ago. But according to a second-quarter 2016 report from ISG, sales for the project stood at 15 percent. Prices ranged from $350,000 to $3.9 million. Deposits were returned at the end of the year, sources said.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2017, 9:12 PM

If it were any other developer I would say we can scratch this proposal off but this is Related. I have no doubt that they will develop this site eventually.

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 9:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Related Group nixes Auberge Miami, ups buyer incentives on Paraiso

Quote:
The Related Group — which has more than a dozen buildings underway this cycle in South Florida — has shut down its Auberge Residences & Spa Miami project and is offering a slew of incentives at its Paraiso development.

The developer closed the Auberge sales center, at 1440 Biscayne Boulevard, in December, and sales agents reached by phone early last month said the project had been canceled. Related launched the project in February 2016, just as sales were slowing in Miami’s preconstruction condo market. Prices ranged from $350,000 to $3.9 million. By mid-2016, 15 percent of the units had been sold, according to a report from International Sales Group. Deposits were returned at the end of the year, sources said.

And in the latest barrage to sell preconstruction units, Related is trying to incentivize buyers at its four-building Paraiso development in Miami’s Edgewater neighborhood. The company is offering free maintenance for a year and accepting 30 percent deposits, rather than the usual 50 percent.

With units priced from the low $600,000s to $2 million and maintenance averaging 70 cents per square foot, the incentive amounts to at least several thousand dollars a year.

The first tower is sold out, and the remaining three are nearly sold as well, according to Related.
=======================
https://therealdeal.com/issues_artic...rida-briefs-7/

Old Posted May 3, 2017, 9:28 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdreamz View Post
If it were any other developer I would say we can scratch this proposal off but this is Related. I have no doubt that they will develop this site eventually.
I agree. I think once the other properties are successful (From Related), this one will come down the line or depending on market conditions, we may see a downsizing. But this parcel will be developed. Its a good location.

I think with the current supply coming online, this one will be benchmarked until the time is ready.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive