HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by We vs us View Post
Endeavour, I think? Someone else might be able to correct me on that one, though.

Didn't the Novare/Urban guys buy that a long time ago, maybe the sold it.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 4:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
Didn't the Novare/Urban guys buy that a long time ago, maybe the sold it.
It looks like it is registered to a company Novare controls.

Block 52 Gp LLC, which has the same mailing address in Atlanta that Novare has.

I imagine they will develop at some point.

Didn't Novare also plan a 30 story skyscraper at the Domain at one point?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 4:23 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGoesVertical View Post
If you look closely, I think the balconies have remained on the upper half. The key difference is that the glass railing looks to be unusually high. But there does seem to be a slit at the top of each level, implying those may still be balconies.

I think the office portion always had balconies, but while they used to be cut out, they now jut out from the building.

Residential has remained "cut" but the railing looks like it could be 8 ft tall. Kind of weird.

These ones show that full glass crown, where the whole thing is extensively lit. Some more recent ones had shown just a thin strip of lit glass at the top. There's also a lot more glass on these renderings, the others had greyish strips going up the building in certain areas and that's what the promo video indicated. I'm inclined to think these renderings, while flashier, are old.

It's possible these are older but if they are, seems kinda strange. These renderings are by far the cleanest and most polished of the tower, while those others to me seem like they were not the final renders. I don't know, it's hard to know especially when they don't show dates. I do hope this is what the tower will look like.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 5:29 PM
Resident Moron

Quote:
It seems weirder and weirder to me that there're no plans -- even rumors of plans -- for the post office block.

It's a glaring absence, TBH. Arguably the most prime piece of undeveloped real estate downtown, and it's just being sat on. Tsk tsk.
Novare was going to build an uninspired 400' follow up to 360 way back when, so it's probably a good thing it's sat this long.

If Republic and 6x both rise, that spot is my hope for a true 900+ footer which will really cement the link between downtown and the West end and reorient the entire bulk of the city.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 6:20 PM

Obviously the renders are nicer, but I feel like the building has lost many of the details that made it visually interesting. Things like the staggered vertical stripes, the texture of the balcony grid, the serrated look of the corner balconies on the angled side of the building. It was never the most ambitious design, but those touches gave it something of a futuristic look. This just looks like a bunch of domain towers stacked atop one another. I hope these are outdated tbh.

Edit - looks like the corner balconies are still there, but not curved like we saw in some earlier versions.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoOgE View Post

If Republic and 6x both rise, that spot is my hope for a true 900+ footer which will really cement the link between downtown and the West end and reorient the entire bulk of the city.
100% agree. If you can't (won't?) go big there, where else CAN you go big?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:07 PM

The link shows at least one date that already has been blown: "[...] this project is scheduled to break ground in the first quarter of 2019".

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:14 PM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Not to be nit-picky...we're not finished with the first quarter 2019. However, it does not look like they will break ground this month (hope I'm wrong).

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
Not to be nit-picky...we're not finished with the first quarter 2019. However, it does not look like they will break ground this month (hope I'm wrong).
Nopers. People are still staying at the Extended Stay hotel . . . which definitely needs to be bulldozed before anyone can start digging

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancore View Post
It looks like it is registered to a company Novare controls.

Block 52 Gp LLC, which has the same mailing address in Atlanta that Novare has.

I imagine they will develop at some point.

Didn't Novare also plan a 30 story skyscraper at the Domain at one point?
Travis Co. property records do list Block 52 Gp LLC as the owner, but their mailing address is listed as:

%ENDEAVOR REAL ESTATE GROUP
500 W 5TH ST STE 700
AUSTIN , TX 78701-3833

According to the property records Block 52 Gp LLC purchased the block in 2012. Maybe this is/was a joint venture between Novare and Endeavor.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ATX View Post
Travis Co. property records do list Block 52 Gp LLC as the owner, but their mailing address is listed as:

%ENDEAVOR REAL ESTATE GROUP
500 W 5TH ST STE 700
AUSTIN , TX 78701-3833

According to the property records Block 52 Gp LLC purchased the block in 2012. Maybe this is/was a joint venture between Novare and Endeavor.
Or Endeavor bought the LLC and its asset(s)?!?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Nopers. People are still staying at the Extended Stay hotel . . . which definitely needs to be bulldozed before anyone can start digging
Very true. However, they could (if they wanted) to hold a groundbreaking prior to tearing down the hotel. But, I do not think that will happen this month. Again, I hope I am wrong. I cannot wait to watch this one grow from afar.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2019, 11:02 PM
Rundberg & I35

A 925 foot "Endeavor Tower" with ground level retail on all four sides would be great......maybe a mixed use office/hotel/residential with Ritz-Carlton/Mandarin.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2019, 4:16 PM

The parking garage looks like the old design. I Liked the other garage design, it looked a little more cohesive with the design of the rest of the tower (and like it had glass panels all around rather than those horizontal strips).

Old Posted Mar 10, 2019, 3:16 AM

Here's something from 6 months ago. Interesting because George Blume is in the video talking about the tower and we can finally see the face behind the name.
https://youtu.be/uT3sY6FxrSUd

Old Posted Mar 10, 2019, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Here's something from 6 months ago. Interesting because George Blume is in the video talking about the tower and we can finally see the face behind the name.
Pretty sure we've seen his face before. Either on his Instagram or in some article.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2019, 3:59 PM

This tower would look better without the jut out portion on upper half of the south side. It makes that side of the building look messy and less cohesive in design. Removing that portion would also make the east side slimmer, and the height would appear more dramatic (from what I also believe is the building's best side). Also the parking garage needs to be more respectfully designed on the north side to mitigate its overbearing presence next to those historic old homes.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2019, 2:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
The other Gensler Dude in the video, Chi Lee, recently left Gensler to be a Principal at Perkins + Will.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 10:36 PM

No news to post. But I'm worried about this project as proposed. The tower site plan has had an "inactive" status since December. Site plans for big projects tend to have a short periods with an "inactive" status as a normal part of the approval process - but not for several months.

Last September the site plan was split in two to apparently fast track the project which is common for projects that have financing like Block 185, Third + Shoal, Block 71 and others. The first site plan in the fast track process is typically for demo/site prep/excavation and the second site plan is for the tower. But unlike projects usually fast tracked with two site plans, no demo/site prep/excavation ever got started after the first site plan was approved - seven months ago in this case. Also worrisome is the fact that there has been no permit active in 2019 related to this project and the fact that you can still book a room at the hotel on site for another year.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2019, 11:28 PM

1- don't worry yourself over the motel bookings. Those can (and will be) cancelled upon commencement of construction. They will obviously operate up until the last second. So, I would care if they're booking out into the next decade.

2- how is The Republic progressing? Both 6xGuad & The Republic are being developed by the same company. And, I do not think there is enough capital out there to simultaneously construct both of these projects without a massive tennant(s) within one or both projects.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin