HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Aug 3, 2010, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
For what it's worth, I love living in Lehi. It's a great place.

No, it's not the urban mecca that some of you are so passionate about, but it's a great place to raise our family. Our neighborhood is awesome, we have a couple parks, a couple ponds and no traffic. Love it!
Understandable, but you apparently have drive-by kidnappers.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 8, 2010, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
For what it's worth, I love living in Lehi. It's a great place.

No, it's not the urban mecca that some of you are so passionate about, but it's a great place to raise our family. Our neighborhood is awesome, we have a couple parks, a couple ponds and no traffic. Love it!
I'm totally with you Wren. I don't live in Lehi, but have in the 90's run a family ranching business for several years in the Lehi countryside. The town folk were great to deal with. I have also long admired the impressive portfolio of beautifully restored historic homes in and around the core. In addition, the scenic setting/views are awesome to say the least. Also, the growth and vibrance of places like North Lehi/Thanksgiving Point/Traverse Ridge/the 92 parkway is very exciting. The potential of Lehi's Old Main is enormous. There are many great old structures in tact. Also, the scale of the street is very charming. As soon as the major revamp of highways in and around Lehi are completed and FrontRunner is established, I'm seeing an amazing and very attractive development future for both State and Main. Lehi's strategic location is enviable for many obvious reasons. I think that the future of Lehi is among the brightest in the metro, a lot of which is unfolding with the many announcements even this past week and year.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2010, 6:49 PM

I believe Lehi will always have multiple identities, with the older, historic area, contrasting with the newer thanksgiving point attractions and business parks, as well as the incredible amount of new homes spread all around.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 9:58 AM

UVU to unveil new master building plan

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ding-plan.html

OREM — When Utah Valley University broke ground Friday for a $30.6 million, 160,000-square-foot science building, it was a good start for the building needs of Utah's fastest growing university.

On Thursday, Aug. 12, UVU officials will unveil a proposed new master building plan that takes an updated look at the needs of the school that has received university status since the previous plan was drafted in 2005.

This map of the UVU campus shows where future buildings are planned.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 6:20 PM

Officials open Pioneer Crossing to motorists

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...motorists.html

SARATOGA SPRINGS — The six-mile, $260 million Pioneer Crossing and its newfangled I-15 interchange opened to traffic Monday morning...

Cars traveling on the newly opened Pioneer Crossing road in Utah County on Monday. (Stuart Johnson, Deseret News)

Cars at the new "diverging diamond" interchange in American Fork on Monday. The interchange is the first of its kind in Utah. (Stuart Johnson, Deseret News)

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 7:44 PM
Bring out the cranes...

I just came home after driving on the "Pioneer Crossing" and "diverging diamond" interchange. Yep, I drove all the way from West Jordan just to drive on the new road. Yea, I don't have much of a life.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I just came home after driving on the "Pioneer Crossing" and "diverging diamond" interchange. Yep, I drove all the way from West Jordan just to drive on the new road. Yea, I don't have much of a life.
I drove on it too, but hey, I actually live here and will use it daily.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 9:26 PM

I was driving by and heard that it was opening today, so I exited the freeway and whirled around on the new interchange a few times. It was much less confusing than I'd imagined it would have been. The signage and lane markings are pretty clear, the the median and barriers eliminate the feeling that you are driving on the wrong side of the road because you can't really see the opposing traffic while on the overpass.

For people making turns either onto or from I-15 I think that there will be little confusion, it may be slightly more weird for people crossing from one side to the other and continuing on, because of the zig-zagging back and forth.

How far east does the new road go?

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 9:27 PM

Hmm... I think I'll make a little run down to Paradise Bakery, and then I can check it out for myself. It looks like a nice highway. I'm happy for all the commuters who had to negociate Lehi's Old Main every day.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
SLC Projects--
i know what you mean on this....i'm going up there from provo JUST to check it out! i'm happy to hear about the barriers...i was thinking it would be weird to drive on it and feel like im in england all of a sudden, with the car being on the LEFT...

i'll return and report!

poodledoodledude

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 10:23 PM

so, i have a question: who decides what to put on the road signs? how come some say, las vegas (with an arrow going south) and others say, "PROVO" with an arrow-- ?? are the STATE roads "PROVO" and the FEDERAL roads "LAS VEGAS" ?? in PG, AF, DRAPER, OGDEN, etc...i see signs that say, "PROVO" whereas on others i see "LAS VEGAS"

am i making any sense?? who and what makes the decision??

Old Posted Aug 23, 2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poodledoodledude View Post
so, i have a question: who decides what to put on the road signs? how come some say, las vegas (with an arrow going south) and others say, "PROVO" with an arrow-- ?? are the STATE roads "PROVO" and the FEDERAL roads "LAS VEGAS" ?? in PG, AF, DRAPER, OGDEN, etc...i see signs that say, "PROVO" whereas on others i see "LAS VEGAS"

am i making any sense?? who and what makes the decision??
I think I know what you mean, I sometimes get confused while getting onto I-80 when the signs direct me to 'Cheyenne' or 'Reno' when I'm really trying to get to Sugarhouse. I'm guessing that on the interstates, the signage at major interchanges is meant to help interstate travelers find their way around moreso than locals.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2010, 1:38 AM

So, as highways/parkways go, Pioneer Crossing is very nice. I took it all the way to Redwood Rd. I was very impressed with the landscaping and also the sound walls were definitely a big leap up from the ones on Bangerter. I can see where this parkway will be a major convenience improvement for Saratoga Springs, Southern Lehi and Eagle Mountain commuters to all points south.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2010, 2:45 AM
Exit 298

Pioneer Crossing is sweet! 'Nuff said.

Old Posted Aug 24, 2010, 4:53 AM
Bring out the cranes...

LOL, I had no idea so many of you all went and drove on Pioneer Crossing as well. At first I was thinking that Pioneer Crossing would be some kind of a freeway going from East to West. But after taking it today it was more like Bangerter. But only Pioneer Crossing is nicer then Bangerter since it has all the landscaping.
This will be great for all those commuters commuting from one side of the valley to the other. Hard to believe it took UDOT this long to built a road going from east to west. Pioneer Crossing was way pass due.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Aug 24, 2010, 10:53 AM

Traveling along the Pioneer Crossing Highway you get a good perspective of that area's explosion of new housing over the past decade. I was also struck by how upscale most of the development was. I was thinking there would be more starter homes. The large wetlands and Jordan River area was very beautiful, and I'm assuming(hoping) that area will be kept as open space.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2010, 12:42 PM

Orem OKs Cirque Lodge expansion plan

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/neighbo...opter.html.csp

Orem • Substance abuse-treatment center Cirque Lodge and its neighbors have worked out their differences in an agreement approved Tuesday night.

Under the development plan approved by the City Council, Cirque Lodge will limit the number of patients — who in the past haves included Lindsay Lohan, Melanie Griffith, Mary-Kate Olsen and Kirsten Dunst...

Old Posted Sep 1, 2010, 1:39 PM

Payson annexing land for LDS temple

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...ee4db8d7b.html

PAYSON -- Payson City is annexing several swatches of Utah County land for a little more elbow room for southern expansion, which includes a forthcoming temple of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints...

Old Posted Sep 1, 2010, 1:44 PM

Pleasant Grove may sell park to expand shopping

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...1b6364397.html

Pleasant Grove on Tuesday examined four "drastic" options for revitalizing downtown.

One option: Sell City Park, located at 100 South Main, to make room for an expansion of the Main Street retail district. The park could be moved a couple blocks north or east...

Old Posted Sep 10, 2010, 11:26 AM

Saratoga Springs announces City Hall, library, development

By Caleb Warnock - The Daily Herald

Major changes are coming to Saratoga Springs.

The city has announced that it has recently completed a 2,800-acre annex of land owned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. The huge, blank tract lies at the heart of the city and will soon be home to not only a new City Hall and library but also major retail development.
City offices are now housed in a rented retail unit.

Mayor Mia Love called the plan "innovative and truly original ... something that has not been seen in Utah before." Initial phases of development are set to begin near the new Pioneer Crossing and Redwood Road intersections.

The commercial complex will include big-box retailers, a movie theater complex, restaurants, amphitheater, parks and a walkable Main Street, according to Love.

It is highly unusual that one city has so much blank heartland owned by one entity, Councilman Michael McOmber said. The LDS Church will maintain oversight of development of the central elements of the plan and will eventually sell all of the land to private developers.

The city could stand to reap millions of dollars a year in sales and property tax revenue if the plan comes to fruition as envisioned.

"They are starting now to recruit businesses," said McOmber. "Within the first year, they are hoping to break ground."

The city is not ready to name names, he said, but a half-dozen major companies have already signed letters of intent to build within the city. A City Hall and library could begin construction in four to seven years.

There are already 75,000 people living in Saratoga Springs, Eagle Mountain and western Lehi, and regional planners estimate that will grow to a quarter-million people over the next 30 years.

"There is already a pent-up demand for a home improvement big-box store such as Lowe's or Home Depot, retail clothing, restaurants," McOmber said. The city announced that a Deseret Industries distribution center and facilities for a Bishop's Storehouse will be built as part of the church's development.

"We are looking at Saratoga Springs being a leader at progressive land use policy and positive land use," McOmber said. "This is an opportunity to create a true regional destination point for a very growing region."

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West