HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jun 12, 2017, 6:49 PM

Haven't seen anyone mention yet, but the province is putting $13 million into renovations for LJR, $2.5 million this year with a project completion expected in 2020. This school needs some major work and it is good to see that it will be getting some love over the next few years.
You can find the announcement here

Old Posted Jun 13, 2017, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
Haven't seen anyone mention yet, but the province is putting $13 million into renovations for LJR, $2.5 million this year with a project completion expected in 2020. This school needs some major work and it is good to see that it will be getting some love over the next few years.
You can find the announcement here
it is good news. The school is in need of some work, and hopefully they will be able to do the most important with this money if not everything that needs to be done.

I personally had just seen this info today.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2017, 10:17 PM

have they done any work to start the four lane north of Shediac bridge or are they Finish the 15/11 by-pass first. I cannot find any info as to when this new project will begin on the NB DOT website *(or anywhere else for that matter.)

Old Posted Jun 15, 2017, 11:19 PM

City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
The Department of Transportation and Infrastructure advises the motoring public that westbound lanes of Route 15, between the Route 11 interchange and the Scoudouc overpass, will be closed to all traffic from 6 am. on Saturday, June 17 to 11:30 pm on Sunday, June 18. This closure is required to install steel girders. Westbound traffic will be detoured onto Route 132 and Parker Road, and will return to Route 15 through the Scoudouc Industrial Park.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 8:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
have they done any work to start the four lane north of Shediac bridge or are they Finish the 15/11 by-pass first. I cannot find any info as to when this new project will begin on the NB DOT website *(or anywhere else for that matter.)
Trees are cleared all the way to Bouctouche river.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
City of Moncton / Ville de Moncton
and will return to Route 15 through the Scoudouc Industrial Park.
they found a use for the Scoudouc Industrial Park overpass?

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delusio Cogno View Post
they found a use for the Scoudouc Industrial Park overpass?
I was told from a former GNB employee a few years ago that the interchange was built to divert any truck traffic away from the current 15/11 interchange and had to be built before the new alignment could be built. Part of this reason was they are banning truck traffic from the 132 and because the new alignment would make it easier for trucks to avoid the old interchange altogether.
He said it was after they already decided to build it that the Walmart Distribution Centre rumour came about.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2017, 7:05 PM

so you are saying they are banning truck traffic on the entire 132 from the TCH in Dieppe to Seaside Chev Olds?. My cousin took the Detour this last weekend and he called the industrial Park road to 15 awful.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2017, 1:58 PM

The extension work on Chesley st. to highway 15 has begun in earnest. We were out running on the trail last night and found it closed off and equipment in the way as they are clearing trees to extend the street to the highway.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 1:56 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dem Good Vibes (a beach apparel store) has opened a location in the Captain Dan's building on Pointe-de-Chene Wharf.

Times & Transcript

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 6, 2017 at 11:55 PM.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2017, 6:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI highway guy View Post
so you are saying they are banning truck traffic on the entire 132 from the TCH in Dieppe to Seaside Chev Olds?. My cousin took the Detour this last weekend and he called the industrial Park road to 15 awful.
They ready have, there is signs posted on highway 15 stating no trucks on 132. It also had to to with the alignment of the new highway, making it easier for trucks. The road from the industrial park to 132 is what I would be calling awful.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2017, 7:36 PM

he Department of Transportation and Infrastructure advises the motoring public that westbound lanes of Route 15, between the Route 11 interchange and the Scoudouc overpass, will be closed to all traffic THIS WEEKEND. This closure is required to install steel girders. Westbound traffic will be detoured onto Route 132 and Parker Road, and will return to Route 15 through the Scoudouc Industrial Park.
I assume this is similar to the closure on the Fathers day weekend. They must be placing the remainder of the girders for the ovverpass for Eastbound 15 to the new route 11 North turnoff

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 4:31 PM

Here are some photos of the new incoming bridge during erection a couple weeks back. It's look pretty nice!

Someone can embed the photos if they'd like (when I try they're not showing up in my preview)

http://imgur.com/a/FvdM1

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 5:15 PM

This popped up in my YouTube subscriptions this week...

Aerial and ground view of the new Construction of Hwy 11 and the new exit ramp/ bridge over Hwy 15 in the Shediac area. The federal and provincial governments will spend $272 million to twin a section of Route 11 between Shediac and Bouctouche. About 20 kilometres, from south of Shediac River to south of the Little Bouctouche River, will be turned into a four-lane highway.

Video Link

Old Posted Jul 26, 2017, 5:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good2go View Post
This popped up in my YouTube subscriptions this week...

Aerial and ground view of the new Construction of Hwy 11 and the new exit ramp/ bridge over Hwy 15 in the Shediac area. The federal and provincial governments will spend $272 million to twin a section of Route 11 between Shediac and Bouctouche. About 20 kilometres, from south of Shediac River to south of the Little Bouctouche River, will be turned into a four-lane highway.

Video Link
It will be a cool project for the province and cant wait to see the first phase complete and I am curious to see how they will do the transition lane from Moncton to Bouctouche on route 11?

Old Posted Aug 10, 2017, 12:05 PM

Looks like they are getting ready to connect the new section to the existing one. I noticed last night that they have installed some detour signs that are covered up in preparation for the work to be done. It looks like they are going to divert southbound traffic off route 11 onto the 134 through the traffic lights in Shediac then back onto the highway. This should slow traffic down considerably. Traffic going North will follow the same route in reverse. I'm hoping they do this to connect the section going from route 11 onto route 15 (this is 90% complete, they just need to connect to route 11 south of Shediac Road) then when that is complete they will close the section of route 11 south of Shediac Road to Shediac to complete the traffic circle and remove the old over pass. There is still a significant amount of work remaining but you can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 8:42 PM

I did a lot of walking in Shediac and area the last ten days or so. The new road for the exit they are building from the town hall out to on highway 15 caughtt my attention. from what I saw the exit going WB towards Moncton is going to be a dangerous spot. the road goes downhill very quickly at this spot. It appears dangerous.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 4:04 PM

This may have been announced before, but there is a Kent Distribution Centre sign on the old Sand Spit lot.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 4:30 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_99 View Post
This may have been announced before, but there is a Kent Distribution Centre sign on the old Sand Spit lot.
No, this is new - Wow, this will be the 4th Kent store in the greater Moncton area. That's quite a few!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2017, 6:18 PM

A Kent Distribution centre sign or a Kent store sign? Isn't there a massive distribution in in Caledonia Industrial Park now? I cannot see them putting a distribution centre so close to the one in Moncton. I will have to check this out this weekend!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces