HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 8:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
This whole project is pretty obnoxious, is it 1980 or is NJ trying to be Dubai? How many hundreds of acres will surface parking lots be taking up?
I don't think this project has any surface parking.

It's primarily an entertainment complex, not a retail center. Think indoor amusement park moreso than mall.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2019, 9:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjreisen View Post
Also I can tell you why this will work! Try to catch the buses from Port Authority to New Jersey, and it is always flooded with people going to malls in Jersey, lots of foreigners looking for cheap stuff. So this will be like that on steroids!
This is true, but I could never figure out why. I mean, imagine vacationing in the greatest city in the world, only to hop on a bus out of the dingy Port Authority to a suburban NJ mall to buy crap you could have gotten online for less. If people can afford vacationing in NYC, can't they also afford New York retail prices and get the real experience instead of a cheap suburban wannabe.

Weird.

I'm very interested to see how much demand this place actually gets. My opinion is it's too out of the way with poor transit accessibility, but I could very well be wrong. Time will tell.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2019, 12:17 AM
New Yorker for life

I don't understand why people think only tourist will visit. It's in a giant metropolis of over 20 million people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarri4 View Post
I cant wait to shop at Dier! lol. Besides the cheesy renderings I'm super curious to see how this turns out.
I thought America was kinda finished with the idea of large mega malls. Only still popular in Dubai where you never ever go outside unless you're in a car or at the beach.
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
This whole project is pretty obnoxious, is it 1980 or is NJ trying to be Dubai? How many hundreds of acres will surface parking lots be taking up?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjreisen View Post
This is pretty much useless marsh anyway, not even attractive from an environmental perspective.. I think any discussion of land consumption for surface parking lots is missing any point. If this was in downtown newark, I would agree

As with anything else people don't like, the good news is that you won't be forced to visit. I'm sure there will be more than enough people to make up for it though. Even the JETS and the GIANTS tried to block this thing because they know the crowds it will bring.

Anyway, a review of sorts...

Video Link

Video Link

Video Link

Meanwhile, it may not be Dubai, but Miami had it's own American Dream proposal...

https://miami.curbed.com/2018/6/21/1...all-theme-park

American Dream, the country’s largest shopping mall, is coming to Miami

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2019, 11:19 PM
Lophophora williamsii

This should open up late summer or fall of 2019. Was delayed by Triple Five Group.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2019, 12:56 AM
Lophophora williamsii

American Dream Announces Coca-Cola Partnership, Will Include a Themed ‘Dining Destination’

Quote:
For nearly a generation, American Dream Meadowlands has been in the works off of Route 3 and the New Jersey Turnpike in East Rutherford. The massive mall and entertainment venue, previously known as Xanadu Meadowlands, has had countless projected opening dates, with the Triple Five Group first suggesting over the last year that the facility would open in the spring, followed by an announcement that a summer opening was planned. Now, new information has been released by the developers about the plans for the complex, including a new time when construction could be completed.

In a prepared statement issued last week, an American Dream spokesperson wrote that the mall is on track to open this fall. The announcement also revealed a partnership with Coca-Cola and Philadelphia-based Liberty Coca-Cola Beverages that will lead to multiple Coke-themed attractions and events at American Dream.

The amenities will include green rooms for special events, a restaurant with 800 seats called “Coca-Cola Eats” that will “offer a wide array of local and global cuisines served alongside the variety of beverage options from The Coca-Cola Company,” and a social media space and podcast studio known as “The Social Bubble.” A large Coca-Cola sign is also expected to be installed on the facade of the building.

Northern New Jersey already has no shortage of malls, ranging from the Westfield Garden State Plaza in Paramus to Newport Centre in Jersey City. However, since the plans for American Dream’s predecessor were announced well over a decade ago, the complex has been touted as more of a Mall of America-like destination than a traditional shopping center.

The three-million-square-foot project is slated to include over 450 stores and restaurants, ranging from the Grisini Food Hall and a Dons Bogam restaurant to a Saks Fifth Avenue store. In addition, there are plans for a Legoland Discovery Center location, a DreamWorks Water Park, an aquarium, a Nickelodeon Universe Theme Park, a large indoor ski center, and a performing arts center.

A specific date for the grand opening of American Dream has yet to be announced.
=================
https://jerseydigs.com/american-drea...a-partnership/

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development