HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:30 PM

-

Last edited by Cyro; Mar 19, 2015 at 3:59 AM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post

SkyCityCentre WPG ‏@SkyCityWinnipeg 18m18 minutes ago

Demolition at our presentation centre is almost 90% complete! Look out for signage going up soon. #Winnipeg
lol ..I had their twitter feed open and was about to post this..

Other than some of the comical and redundant posting of the same commentary over and over and over again it actually looks like progress?

Location of the presentation centre?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:31 PM

Quote:

SkyCityCentre WPG ‏@SkyCityWinnipeg 18m18 minutes ago

Demolition at our presentation centre is almost 90% complete! Look out for signage going up soon. #Winnipeg
Looks like a pretty big space for a sales office.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Is this the sales centre that you said would open "later this summer" last May? Is this for the building you were going to start selling suites for in "spring 2014"? Or the one you would have shovels in the ground for in spring 2015?

Tell me, why would an honest man like you make these claims if, as it now seems, you hadn't even rented a sales centre or started demolishing it at the time you made those statements? Let me guess, must be the city's fault, right? And when is this thing opening? Right after you announce the grocery store tenant (which you said was just around the corner in 2013) maybe?

P.S. You have nothing in common with Hank Scorpio. He actually got stuff done and had a personal stake in his projects risking his life and freedom to see them through. He championed his workers rights and certainly would never have left them unpaid like so many Fortress junk bond holders. His was no garden variety scam. Please change your avatar.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 3:41 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Other than some of the comical and redundant posting of the same commentary over and over and over again it actually looks like progress?
We don't usually agree on much, but I do agree here that all the pointless cheerleading for this scam certainly is redundant.

You realize that hole could be anywhere, right? Why anyone would believe a word out of these guys mouths when they haven't followed through on any of their numerous claims is beyond me. I've got a bridge to sell you too.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkirvan View Post

You realize that hole could be anywhere, right?
Location is 283 Garry

http://skycitywinnipeg.ca/wp-content...ampaign_V2.pdf

perhaps go look in the window? I would but I live in Regina.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 4:10 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoscents View Post
Location is 283 Garry

http://skycitywinnipeg.ca/wp-content...ampaign_V2.pdf

perhaps go look in the window? I would but I live in Regina.
Well that settles it. Doesn't matter how many securities convictions they have, how many false promises they've made, how many of their projects never happened, how many junk bonds they've sold to investors, or how zero legitimate grocery stores will lend their names to this thing. They ripped some dry wall out of an office two years after they said they would, so they must be legit. Better get your credit check done so you can order the first unit.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 4:54 PM

^You're being ridiculous. Twoscents simply stated if you don't believe it, go look in the window. That's it.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 4:59 PM

Quote:
Location is 283 Garry
It's a large space no doubt. Still looks like 279 Garry mentioned way back in the thread.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...0&postcount=16

If it's a reno on Garry St it may be the location..

Don't know what's happened in that space since it went up for lease, we should know soon enough.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 5:18 PM

Quote:
Is this the sales centre that you said would open "later this summer" last May? Is this for the building you were going to start selling suites for in "spring 2014"? Or the one you would have shovels in the ground for in spring 2015?

Tell me, why would an honest man like you make these claims if, as it now seems, you hadn't even rented a sales centre or started demolishing it at the time you made those statements? Let me guess, must be the city's fault, right? And when is this thing opening? Right after you announce the grocery store tenant (which you said was just around the corner in 2013) maybe?

P.S. You have nothing in common with Hank Scorpio. He actually got stuff done and had a personal stake in his projects risking his life and freedom to see them through. He championed his workers rights and certainly would never have left them unpaid like so many Fortress junk bond holders. His was no garden variety scam. Please change your avatar.
Umm, pretty sure Biff is just a local Winnipeg guy like most of us, not related to Fortress in any way other than he happened to see an update on their twitter feed.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 5:27 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rypinion View Post
Umm, pretty sure Biff is just a local Winnipeg guy like most of us, not related to Fortress in any way other than he happened to see an update on their twitter feed.
Which he cut and pasted verbatim making himself their mouthpiece. You can see where I might have got the wrong idea.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:01 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Which he cut and pasted verbatim making himself their mouthpiece. You can see where I might have got the wrong idea.
I have nothing to do with Fortress. I copied their Twitter post to confirm where I got the picture. It was just "Ctrl C" then "Ctrl V" - no mouthpiece here. I am only adding to a project that is proposed for Winnipeg.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Last edited by Biff; Mar 4, 2015 at 5:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:07 PM

Quote:

Why are you responding to Biff's quoting of a twitter feed as if he's the one who authored it?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Why are you responding to Biff's quoting of a twitter feed as if he's the one who authored it?
You work for FORTRESS TOO, change your avatar to this: http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runnin...nk%20bonds.jpg

If a project doesn't launch on time, you can NEVER talk about it again. LOL.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:40 PM

^^

Edit: @cheswick

Actually, I found the attack on a posters avatar and it's relation to a proposed project much stranger and quite frankly, bizzare...The humanity..when someone attacks your avatar what's next?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:49 PM
BANNED

Quote:
If a project doesn't launch on time, you can NEVER talk about it again. LOL.
Yeah, getting caught, fined, and banned for securities fraud is totally the same as not launching quite on time. Just one more question- do you trust your family physicians who use patients for drugs? Would you hire a lawyer who steals from his clients? Vote for a politician who has his hand in the coffers? If not, why is your tolerance for corruption so much higher in this situation?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 6:50 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheswick View Post
Where exactly did he say it was a quote from twitter?

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 7:28 PM

Get a grip kirvan. Biff did not comment one way or the other on how legit the project is. He merely pointed out the fact that the sales centre is under construction which is of interest to some of us here. Even though this project is obviously questionable, not every post on the topic needs to keep making the same point over and over again.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2015, 7:41 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
^^

Edit: @cheswick

Actually, I found the attack on a posters avatar and it's relation to a proposed project much stranger and quite frankly, bizzare...The humanity..when someone attacks your avatar what's next?
My avatar can take it. He's is Hank Scorpio, an evil genius and owner of Globex Corporation. If Fortress can't make a go of SkyCity Centre, then Hank will make it his new world headquarters.

......ferocious little bugger, that pkirvan.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Mar 4, 2015, 1:37 AM

And the first guy to wear a sports coat with jeans.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan