HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Apr 5, 2013, 3:14 PM
Greetings from New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Will View Post
Nobody should have to leave their own town just to do some shopping. That's not my issue with it....I'm always for more retail being built. My issue with this is the site plan and the obvious placement between a highway and a waterway.
But that area is isolated and the Retail market in that part of the state is oversaturated so why add more congestion and unneeded retail? The Nearby Amboys have nice downtowns that you can build apon , Sayerville has a mall along Route 18 and there's another Mall in neighboring Woodbridge.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Luxury Point will be located at the busiest intersection in the United States. 800,000 New York City commuters drive by the site each day. 600 million eyeballs view Luxury Point every year. Luxury Point is accessed directly by 24 lanes of traffic, and 12 on / off ramps to and from the Garden State Parkway, Routes 9 & 35. Luxury Point will have highway access from all of New York, Connecticut and New Jersey.
So what youre saying is that the millions of people in the region without an automobile are not invited?

Looks to be a very short distance from the 20,000+ students at Rutgers. Id wager not more than 50 of them a year will ever stop by because of the location and layout.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
But that area is isolated and the Retail market in that part of the state is oversaturated so why add more congestion and unneeded retail? The Nearby Amboys have nice downtowns that you can build apon , Sayerville has a mall along Route 18 and there's another Mall in neighboring Woodbridge.
that mall on Rt. 18 is Brunswick Square, it's TRASH and has only 25 stores. and Woodbridge Mall is full or Perth Amboy thugs and ghetto trash. The only decent malls we have are Freehold and Menlo Park. and Short Hills, which was actually made by the same developer of this mall.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 4:02 AM

Update:

Quote:
Sayreville gets to The Point with redevelopment project
Groundbreaking on first store tentatively set for this summer

The master plan for The Point at Sayreville is moving forward. The Borough Council approved amendments to the massive redevelopment plan proposed by O’Neill Properties of Pennsylvania at its April 8 meeting. O’Neill Properties needed to conduct land sales and exchanges with different entities before submitting a final amended plan for the former National Lead site, located off Main Street Extension in Sayreville.

The 453-acre site, which will include residential, commercial and recreational development, will break ground this summer if all goes as planned, according to Brian O’Neill, chairman of O’Neill Properties.

“We expect to have a shovel in the ground this summer,” he said. “Our first big tenant is Bass Pro Shops, and we need to have their building delivered to them by the fall of 2014.”

While the overall redevelopment plan is approved, O’Neill Properties will need to appear before the Planning Board for other tenants as they sign on to move into The Point at Sayreville. They will also be appearing with a general development plan for the overall site.

“We will be there consistently [for] as long as this takes,” O’Neill said.

— Stella Morrison

http://sub.gmnews.com/news/2013-04-1...opment_pr.html

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
that mall on Rt. 18 is Brunswick Square, it's TRASH and has only 25 stores. and Woodbridge Mall is full or Perth Amboy thugs and ghetto trash. The only decent malls we have are Freehold and Menlo Park. and Short Hills, which was actually made by the same developer of this mall.
Thats an arrogant and sheltered thing to say.... Perth Amboy along with South Amboy has cleaned itself up in recent years , the Downtown sections of both towns have a decent selection of shops and eateries...its no Hoboken or Jersey City but it caters to the Working and Middle Class population which dominate that section of NJ. Woodbridge Mall has some openings like every mall in this region.. The Region is oversaturated by Malls , focus on the Route 18 corridor which is getting a busway which would connect up to New Brunswick... I hate to be this cynical but hopefully we get a Cat 5 hurricane and it destories this site and a few other sites along the River that should be protected...it will teach those developers not to mess with mother nature and towns not to be so greedy.

Old Posted Apr 27, 2013, 4:10 PM
World Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepen915 View Post
that mall on Rt. 18 is Brunswick Square, it's TRASH and has only 25 stores.
That was my mall growing up when I lived in Jersey . . . granted it was small, I don't remember it as being 'trash' . . . now granted this was during the 90's.

Old Posted May 3, 2013, 9:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dac150 View Post
That was my mall growing up when I lived in Jersey . . . granted it was small, I don't remember it as being 'trash' . . . now granted this was during the 90's.
it's trash and full of 15yr old kids on most days.. only about 20 stores.

Old Posted May 23, 2015, 4:20 AM

Final Approval has been given by the town for the project to begin construction!

Sayreville planners OK Luxury Point complex

http://eb.gmnews.com/news/2015-03-26...t_complex.html

Quote:
“We have started approximately $25 million worth of various site work and ground improvements over on the Bass Pro [Shop] area,” O’Neill said. “We are stabilizing all of that soil in order to build a Bass Pro on top of that.”

According to O’Neill, Bass Pro Shops, Century 21 Department Stores and Regal Cinemas have leased roughly 350,000 square feet of the 750,000 square feet of retail space included in the plan for the first phase of construction.

In addition, the New Jersey Turnpike Authority has agreed to a cost-sharing plan with the developer to construct a Garden State Parkway ramp into the development at Exit 125. O’Neill Properties will contribute $15 million to the project."
The Second Phase, which will be the shopping mall is going to begin construction as soon as the land is set up.

Leases have been signed by Bass Pro Shops and Regal Cinemas and both are planning for an opening in 2016.

http://www.njbiz.com/article/2015031...ext-generation

Quote:
"O’Neill said he expects to start raising steel within the next four months for the first retail portion, which will total 1 million square feet and include a Bass Pro Shops, a Regal Cinemas theater and a Century 21 department store.

He expects that portion to be delivered within 18 months, he said. That will give way to a sprawling mall that’s geared toward millennials, which means integrating 3-D digital imaging, allowing shoppers to interact with the space using their smartphones and having restaurants instead of food courts."

Old Posted May 23, 2015, 4:24 AM

Updated Rendering Image of Project

I live nearby and there is active construction on the site as seen here

Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 8:07 PM

Today's progress..
Luxury Point by Deepen Gandhi, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 20, 2015, 8:40 PM

Sad. My home state of NJ is so short-sighted in how it manages its wetlands. (Yes, deepen915, this was a wetlands site). Filling in wetlands like this and covering them in acres of asphalt jeopardizes the storm resistance of the entire area around it.

Last edited by Hamilton; Oct 20, 2015 at 8:54 PM.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2015, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamilton View Post
Sad. My home state of NJ is so short-sighted in how it manages its wetlands. (Yes, deepen915, this was a wetlands site). Filling in wetlands like this and covering them in acres of asphalt jeopardizes the storm resistance of the entire area around it.
from what I have heard, they will be building a storm surge wall on the waterfront area once the project is underway.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Groundbreaking Imminent For 5.8-Million Square-Foot Mega-Development In Sayreville, New Jersey

By: Reid Wilson 6:00 am on March 17, 2016

In the next few weeks, O’Neill Properties Group is expected to break ground on the 5.8-million-square-foot mixed-use mega-development planned on 418 acres along the Raritan River in Sayreville, New Jersey. The New York Times reports the project, dubbed the Pointe, will include 2,000 residential units, up to 1,000 hotel rooms, 750,000 square feet of office space, and 2.4 million square feet of commercial-retail space. Also approved is 226,000 square feet of Times Square-style digital signage across seven billboards.

The Pointe, rendering via O'Neill Properties Group

The Pointe, massing diagram via O’Neill Properties Group

The Pointe, rendering via O’Neill Properties Group
Read The Full Article Here

Old Posted Apr 28, 2016, 8:56 PM

Updated Website

http://thepointenj.com/

711,000 SF Marketplace with Bass Pro Shops Opening Summer 2017
1.7 Million SF of future retail space
Waterfront Entertainment
2,000 Luxury Apartments
1,000 Luxury Furnished Hotel Suites
A 250 Room Limited Service Hotel
750,000 Square Feet of Trophy Office Space
2 Luxury Marinas

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development