HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation

Old Posted Sep 29, 2011, 8:42 PM

Lingerie Football League

Hey, I didn't know where to put this article, but figured that it could go into it's own thread (LFL).

Interesting, that the LFL might come and expand to Vancouver.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/L....html?tab=PHOT

Where would they play??

BC Place?

I'm not sure if the LFL could survive in this market, either...

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 12:42 AM

I doubt they are going to play at BC Place. Empire field, however, is still there. I've actually bee reading a lot about this. On the outside it looks like it's just another guy get together thing but over 40% of the fans are actually women. And despite it's outward appearance the girls who play this are said to be quite the athletes though it hasn't exactly been to good with the whole feminist movement and is frowned upon by them.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2011, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaxItYourself View Post
I doubt they are going to play at BC Place. Empire field, however, is still there. I've actually bee reading a lot about this. On the outside it looks like it's just another guy get together thing but over 40% of the fans are actually women. And despite it's outward appearance the girls who play this are said to be quite the athletes though it hasn't exactly been to good with the whole feminist movement and is frowned upon by them.
well. I think it's good that other sporting leagues are beginning to recognize and invest in the city of Vancouver. for the longest time I can't believe that this city only has had two professional teams (the Lions and the Canucks). now the city is getting more respect and attention when it comes to the sporting world. granted Vancouver isn't Boston or NY in terms of their sports but surely the city can do better. is the NBA next to return or come to the city? there us an attitude where nothing is impossible (except for maybe the NFL. haha).

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Would those frumps really wish to deprive their fellow woman of badly needed jobs?

Old Posted Dec 10, 2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutterbug View Post
Would those frumps really wish to deprive their fellow woman of badly needed jobs?
I don't know how feminists minds work though I am friends with one. Or at least a former one.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2012, 7:38 AM

Quote:
I don't know how feminists minds work though I am friends with one. Or at least a former one.
The problem with the LFL is it makes women look like they are objects to be looked at. Which is the biggest thing most feminists would be opposed to.

There is nothing with a female playing football league. However make them dress in a standard uniform. You don't see female hockey or softball players dressed in skimpy underwear.

Now as a hetrosexual male hell some eye candy is nice.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2012, 8:26 AM

there is no 2012 season...

http://blog.chron.com/sportsupdate/2...o-2012-season/

Quote:
Spokesman Jim Wallin said Thursday the LFL will resume playing in April 2013 on a spring-summer playing schedule. He says the hiatus will also allow the league to concentrate on launching in Canada this fall and free U.S. players to participate in a promotional all-star tour.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Sports & Outdoor Recreation