Here's a round-up of projects in Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada.
Nanaimo is a small city of about 75,000 people on Vancouver Island, north of Victoria and west of Vancouver.
It currently has the tallest building in the Island, the Beacon, a residential building of 26 floors.
Montage showing proposals in grey
From left to right:
- the Beacon, 26 floors, built
- Marriott hotel & residences, 36 floors, proposed
- Coast Hotel, 14 floors, built
- Pacifica, 18 floors, under-construction
- Insight developments, 24 floors, proposed
- Seacrest Apartments, 18 floors, built
- Civic Arena site #1, 18 floors, proposed
- Civic Arena site #2, 23 floors, proposed
A hotel and residential tower being built along with a new convention centre. Originally proposed at 16 floors,
then 20, 25, and now 36 floors so more residential can be added to offset increasing construction costs, and
to improve views from the hotel rooms and accomodate more parking. It'll be 118 meters, 387.5 feet. Design
features tower with a series of setbacks culminating in a nice pointy roof, and an octagonal floor plan.
Construction to begin this fall.
Here's an earlier, plainer design.
A residential tower overlooking the harbour. Part of the building will reuse the structure from a failed 8 storey
office building project from years ago. Design was increased in height from 16 floors to 18 because of increasing
construction costs. Construction imminent.
A 24 floor residential building. Construction to being this fall.
I'll add more information as I find it.