Here is a second set of Berlin pictures.
These pictures are taken on Thursday october 19th.
Some pictures I took at Checkpoint Charlie’s and near Alexanderplatz, but most pictures are taken from the Fernsehturm observation deck. The quality of these pix is not very high though, as the weather wasn’t that bright and the windows of the Fernsehturm had a greenish tint. The colors of almost every picture had to be adapted.
1. Checkpoint Charlie. Picture of the Russian soldier.
2. Café Adler and American soldier.
3. Streetshot near Checkpoint Charlie.
4. Park Inn at Alexanderplatz.
5. The Fernsehturm (height 368 meters, observation deck at 203 meters).
8. Potsdamer Platz.
12. Construction work going on here and there.
13. Funny commieblocks.
14. More commieblocks.
16. Galeria containing a luxury Kaufhof near Alexanderplatz.
17. Park Inn, looking small from this height.
19. Karl Marx Allee: Soviet grandeur in former east-Berlin.
20. “Gate buildings” at the entrance of the Allee.
22. This building appears to be having some graffiti on it.
24. A zoom picture.
25. One more.
28. The Spree river.
29. Palmtrees on a bridge.
31. Modern architecture.
32. The Karl Marx Allee gate buildings from ground level.
I like this shot cause it’s a bit like West meeting East (the western cars versus eastern architecture).
33. Urban chaos.
34. Finally two shots which I took from a citytour-doubledeck bus.
35. The Hauptbahnhof.
I think I’ll post these series in the City Photos-section as well to promote Berlin at this forum…