Here is a third series of Berlin pictures. All of these pix are from Friday october 20th.
My son and I visited the city this day (till about 2 PM) by train. Mostly subway and the so called Strassenbahn.
Among others we visited Potsdamer Platz, Jannowitzbrücke, Ostbahnhof, Frankfurter Allee - all in former eastern Berlin - and Hauptbahnhof.
It was a rainy day which made the pictures kind of gray.
1. First stop: subwaystation Gleisdreieck.
The station looks more like an old plant than a subwaystation, but I think it has something, right in the middle of the city.
2. Here the subway gets above ground level…
3. … and you get a nice view on the surroudings.
4. Potsdamer Platz highrises, seen from the south.
5. Debis Tower (106 meter, 22 floors).
6. Our second stop: Potsdamer Platz.
7. Potsdamer Platz surrounding.
8. Bahn Tower (94 meter, 26 floors).
9. Looking through to Sony Center.
10. Transparency of the Bahn Tower.
13. Next we went to the Jannowitz-bridge. This is a totally different world, compared to Potsdamer Platz.
14. I kind a like these residential buildings with their basic colours.
16. The terrace was closed.
The rainy weather suited well with the somewhat depressing atmosphere.
17. The Jannowitz-center. The bridge is wrapped because of construction, not because Christo was in town.
21. Fourth stop: the Ostbahnhof.
23. Now and then there is a new building.
24. Fifth stop: the Frankfurter Allee. This Allee extends from the Karl Marx Allee.
25. A zoom picture, looking east.
26. Sixth and final stop: the Hauptbahnhof.
27. By taking a wrong rolling staircase we ended up underneath the building.
29. Finally two pictures of the lowest train level.