Thought I'd show a tour of the three main cities of Maryland's Eastern Shore (the area on the other side of the Chesapeake Bay from my home). I didn't include Ocean City, there's been other threads about OC, and I was running out of time on my short day trip. It was a sunday, so there may be some empty streets and unopened stores. I went way back in september, but was too darn lazy to post 'em any sooner. And don't look for quality, just some pics to give y'all an idea. All three developed as agricultural centers. Here's the first one - Cambridge.
Cambridge - pop~11,000 founded 1684, incorp. 1793. County seat for Dorchester county. Fairly high crime rate, has a rough edge to some parts.
1. Visitor's Center
4. Multi-ethnic town, over 50% minority.
5. Wonder if he won the election? poster in his own window must have helped
7. The oldest rapper is the guy in the window on the far right side of the pic
11. Think there's enough chimneys on that rascal?
12. Just thinking the sign on the left should have a "U" after the pop.
19. I think it's the county courthouse
20. downtown church
22. old jail house
Easton - pop~13,000 county seat of Talbot county, founded in 1710, seemed kind of yuppiefied.
1. old train station
6. I was gonna bring my daughter, but that meant I would have had to buy myself a new dress.
Hope you enjoyed. Part 2 will be coming up later (I need a break