HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 2, 2009, 9:21 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks View Post
It seems fair that the floor-count should be 105. If those other 3 floors are counted in the floor count, but not the height, then they shouldn't be posted on the title.
That will all become clear in time. If not for the spire, then the 3 ring floors would be counted as the top of the building, putting the height at 1,401 ft (or whatever it is determined to be using the new height guidlines). Because both the 1,776 foot and 1,368 ft heights are symbolic, not much is being made of what the actual top of the crown (ring) is. I think that is something that will only become obvious when that part nears or is under construction.

When looking at the stacking diagram, it looks as though the height is taken from the Fulton Street entrance and not the lower Vesey Street entrance. Hasn't been clarified yet, but maybe ZenSteeldude will have info on that.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2009, 9:31 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
The top platform of the communications ring is going to be 1,401' 5" above the lobby floor.

I also found some info on why several official sites state the floor count as 109. The roof is 105, but then they keep numbering. The cooling tower catwalks are 106, then the 3 communications rings 107, 108, 109.
Thanks to Zensteeldude for our info.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 4:08 AM

Welp.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091202/...center_bonds_1

NY agency OKs tax-free debt for World Trade Center

(Reporting by Joan Gralla; Editing by Jan Paschal)
December 2nd, 2009

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – A $2.6 billion tax-free bond sale for World Trade Center developer Larry Silverstein was approved on Wednesday by a state economic agency though the rebuilding of the shattered complex remains stalled.

The Liberty Development Corporation plans to issue the debt for the developer via Goldman Sachs in the last two weeks of December, a spokeswoman for the umbrella agency, the Empire State Development Corporation, said by telephone.

Following its "common practice," the board approved Silverstein's Liberty bonds one day before holding a public hearing on the offering, she said.

"In case there is a large amount of public testimony, then the board is asked to meet again to review the testimony and the board will deny or affirm the sale," the spokeswoman said.

Bettina Damiani, project director for Good Jobs New York, an advocacy group, criticized the state agency for not waiting until after the public had a chance to comment.

"For the corporation to approve the bonds before a public hearing is the height of hypocrisy," she said.

The agency acted on the same day that the state Legislature approved a bill to rein in public authorities, the state's so-called "shadow government," which have $140 billion of debt outstanding.

Liberty bonds were part of the $21 billion of aid Congress approved to help the city get back on its feet after the September 11, 2001, air attacks that killed thousands and destroyed the World Trade Center.

But rebuilding the World Trade Center complex is years behind schedule. Meanwhile, the developer, Silverstein, and the lead agency, the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, have submitted their latest clash over financing and plans to an arbitrator.

Silverstein, who will have to repay the Liberty bonds, also qualifies for $700 million of this debt to be issued by the Port Authority. The Liberty bond program expires this year and the authority has said it wants Congress to extend it for another year.

A Silverstein spokesman declined comment.

A Port Authority spokesman was not immediately available to comment.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 4:33 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

I never get tired of that view... As I said before, it's sad that Beekman will be blocked by towers 2 and 3

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 4:44 AM
JoeCooper

The news and facts coming together just keep getting better and better!

Just for numbers sake and NO city on city BS, but I think it is really cool that both 1WTC and the Sears Tower's roofs will be not even 50 feet in difference and that technically the roof is in the 1,400's...

That will be cool, we'll have 1WTC technically be in the 1,400's for roof height!.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 1:40 PM

Quote:
I never get tired of that view... As I said before, it's sad that Beekman will be blocked by towers 2 and 3
I don't think you'll have to worry about that view being blocked for quite a while yet.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 2:29 PM

Yea even if this money that silverstein got for his towers i true it will take them a while to get off the ground so beekman will be seen for a while!

Oh another arbiration meeting happening today through the the end of the month to see if the port has to pay silverstein 700 million or up to another 2 billion

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 6:22 PM
New Yorker for life

Taken from the PA's update

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 8:52 PM
Frigidus Maximus

Quote:
There is apparently some slope at Freedom Tower's site. That could mean that a secondary, lower entrance to the skyscraper--not previously accounted for in its height measurement--will come into play, bringing the building's official height a few feet above 1776. I've asked Child's firm, Skidmore, Owings & Merrill of New York, to clarify this issue and will share what they pass along. Meanwhile, the council's executive director, Antony Woood, says that the group will need to see architectural drawings from SOM before it makes a ruling.

I think the council would do everyone a favor if it just declared that the tower's official height is "symbolically 1,776 feet" and leave it at that.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 8:58 PM
Honored Member

The top of the parapet is the official hight of the tower in Honor of the Original Tower One. The roof hight of the current Tower One is not the hight of the original Tower Two, it's hight is to be honored by a visible band around the top of the current tower.
I'm pretty sure that's where the confusion lay.

All hight measurements are taken from the finished floor of the lobby on the south (Fulton St.) side of the building. The North entrance (Vesey St.) is 5' 4" lower. East and West sides are the same as the South side.

Note:The communications rings were completely redesigned after this rendering was made.

Last edited by Zensteeldude; Dec 3, 2009 at 9:09 PM.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 11:57 PM
Astorian

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
What? No, did you even read my posts? no one gets this...

Ok very slowly now,
You might want to read your OWN posts, I'll make it easy for you, ready your message # 6 6 3 1 (slowly for you...). I replied to the last post you had, so yes I read them, I won't make that mistake again lol.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 1:01 AM

Great city, great shots, great building

*I was looking at this photo and the ceiling height for this floor doesn't look too high for a project of this scale... was that considered an average office floor?... or is it just some mechanical stuff?...

Thanks

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 1:34 AM

That's one of the mezzanines I believe. The actual mechanical floors in the base are much higher than that.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 2:45 AM

the Crane & steel in the fore ground of the pic is it for the transit hub?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 2:52 AM

I'm a tad confused. I know the numbering of the first 6 floors doesn't follow the same rules, but from 20 on up are the floors numbered in multiples of 13 feet from ground level?

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 3:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky212 View Post
the Crane & steel in the fore ground of the pic is it for the transit hub?
WTC4

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 3:36 PM

There is a good rendering of One World Trade Center in today's Wall St. Journal. I can't find it online, maybe someone who has online access can locate it. It's a double page Nucor steel advertisement on A14-A15.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 8:01 PM
DENNAB

Quote:

Well if towers 2 and 3 are built it won't matter because you will get to look at them, and they are just as beautiful as beekman and well taller, those 2 blue glass 1200+ footers are going to be amazing additions.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive