Originally Posted by Bdog
Grumpy Old Man, Biguc, Pootkau, even OTL lately... A few from other regions used to post here regularly too - Harls, Freeweed, etc.
Harls posted this, just the other day:
harls harls is offline
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Aylmer, Québec
Ok, here are my memories of Winnipeg:
- being stranded at the Travelodge during the blizzard of '86.
- driving in from the country on hwy 3 and reaching the perimeter, realizing you're almost in the 'big city', then continuing on McGillivray blvd, still in the country.
- staying at a hotel on Portage for some junior high band thing, and thinking how cool the skywalks were.
- exploring the tunnels at HSC when my grandpa was there, sick with cancer.
- living in Summerland and throwing pitchers of water from the 9th floor balcony into the atrium below.
- Monty's.. the Pemby (with drive-thru beer), Scandals, Grapes Pier 7.
- BDI ice cream
- Goldeyes baseball games
- the old Hooters near the stadium.
- Edgefest 1997, wearing sandals and getting bloody toes from being stomped on.
Reply With Quote
Sounds like he's still alive.....