The proposed Hilton Convention Center Hotel is intended to satisfy the demand for hotel rooms to serve the San Diego Convention Center and the hospitality needs of downtown San Diego. Located across from the San Diego Convention Center at the intersection on Harbor Drive and Eighth Avenue, the project will transform the former Campbell Shipyard site into a 32-story, 1.65 million square-foot structure.
The hotel will include:
* A 385 foot tower
* 106,000 square feet of meeting space
* 5,360 square feet of retail space
* a 23,082 square-foot health club
* 1,200 private rooms
* a 14,000 square-foot restaurant
* a 4.3-acre public park
* a water taxi dock to serve hotel guests
The total acreage of the site is 12.8 acres. Hilton estimates its total project costs at over $335 million. The hotel is tentatively scheduled to open in Summer 2008.