HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals

Old Posted Apr 27, 2007, 7:41 PM

Savannah GA downtown expansion And possible new highrise

hey yall, noone seems to have posted anything about savannah on here so i thought i would.

savannah is having its first downtown expansion in 150 years just east of the marriot, its pretty impressive for a city this size.

http://www.savannahriverlanding.com/...ster_plan.html

i also heard about a possible 14 story office tower proposed for near johnson square?

any info?

Old Posted Apr 27, 2007, 10:50 PM

i love it

Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 1:38 AM
FriskyDingo

WOW, great for savannah. If they follow up with the landscaping shown in virtual tour it will be absolutely badass.

Old Posted Apr 28, 2007, 4:05 AM

VIDEO

i'm in love with savannah and this project - on the virtual tour video, i didn't notice any renderings of a highrise, but there are plenty of midrises in the project. this is a tremendous project, and will increase the size of the city by quite a bit. i'm looking forward to visiting again.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 7:56 AM
vertical

I've always thought Savannah was the most beautiful small city in the country. I couldn't stand all the trolleys downtown, though (they're butt-ugly) - People should get out and experience the city the way it was meant to be experienced, on foot.

When I first went to the city, I was amazed by the beauty of the historic section, and the ugliness of the places where the plan had been forgotten (such as the parking garage on one of the squares). I was also surprised that Savannah had resisted any substantial high-rises. Now, it seems you're getting some high-quality new development, and last time I visited, you were burying the parking garage and replacing the landscaped square above it.

Good luck on future development! I'll be keeping an eye on this one.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 2:56 PM

Wow!! this project looks top notch. I love those townhomes!!

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 10:27 PM

^^

yeh, it is sopposedly going to be world class buissness space from what i hear.http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/images/smilies/tup.gif

i too like the townhomes, tho they better make sure theres a good bit of variety in there

Old Posted Apr 30, 2007, 10:52 PM

Looks Great! Savannah is such a unique city and developments like this will only make it better.
Savboy, do you know how far along they are with the huge Liberty Harbor project down in Brunswick? Isnt this like the largest development in Georgia history? Seems like Ive read this somewhere.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 1:44 AM

i dunno how far theyve gotten on it but i googled it and jeez that is massive!

http://mylibertyharbor.com/residences_site_plan.asp

much bigger than the river landing in savannah.

Old Posted May 2, 2007, 1:35 AM

Savboy I did some research on Liberty Harbor last night and it looks like they are within 60 days up putting up actual structures. Looks like it will have around a dozen or so highrises (up to 20 floors) that will be condos and a hotel. Will also have a marina, townhomes, retail, etc... Construction cost around 1 billion dollars.

Old Posted May 17, 2007, 3:07 AM

i have heard now that the actual buildings will be going up sometime this year. savannah is on the go!http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/imag.../notacrook.gif

Old Posted Jul 10, 2007, 3:16 AM

they go vertical this month! woohoohttp ://forum.skyscraperpage.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

Old Posted Jul 12, 2007, 4:53 PM
Senior Bezerkeleyite

At first I was a little concerned about how the project connects to other areas. Looking at google earth, there really isn't much to connect to.Will this project be assessible by foot from River Street? It looks like it may. This will be a nice addition if people can access it easily. Also, is this in the flood zone? I know that Savannah is built up on a bluff. This would be an awesome site for floating buildings. I'm glad they are preserving the history, but the architecture is a little too historisist and disney like. I wish these developers would be more innovative with modern architecture. Overall, the walkability of the project and the connection of openspace, as well as the broad range of land uses will make it successful.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Highrise & Supertall Proposals