- They have reduced the number of floors on the main tower. The rendering shows 38 floors, but I was told it will be 35 floors, making it even shorter. The main reason seems to be they wanted to reduce the number of condos as they don't feel there are enough potention buyers in the market for 2-3 bedroom luxury condos.
- The official groundbreaking was today, October 22nd, at 4:30 PM. Actual construction starts in November, about 3 weeks from now
- Wachovia is anchoring the office tower (which seems to be 26 stories from the rendering)
- Kimpton hotel, called The Palomer is going in the main tower, with residential condos above
- AJs Fine Foods will be the first grocery store in downtown in decades
- PF Changs China Bistro will open an urban restaurant
- The main tower will have only 2-3 bedroom condos, which means expensive $$$
- The third tower planned, on the southern part of the eastern most block, will contain a TWELVE hotel, a signature restaurant, and an additional 30,000 sq ft of retail
- Three towers will all go up at once. The Wachovia tower and Patriot's block will start first, while the main tower and a third tower on the eastern block will start around mid 2008, while the Wachovia tower is still going up
- The fourth tower isn't planned to be under construction until 2010
The development of this project has been on going for about a year now, with some controversy over a public park and design plans...but it now looks like this are starting to move along and a new design has been brought forward. The image quality is horrible and I'm working on a higher resolution picture but until then...we have a preview of Arizona's soon-to-be tallest building as well as the first 500'+ building in the state!
de-throning the 483' Chase tower that has held the title since 1973.
The whole project will eventually span 3 city blocks at Central Ave and Washington St, the 0,0 core of Phoenix. This project will bring downtown's first grocery store in over 30 years (AJs Fine Foods has already singed on) and well as condos, apartments, a boutique hotel, restaurants (PF Chang's has already signed on), retail, a bookstore, and 595,000 sq ft of office space.
An additional 2 towers are planned for Phase 2.
Site prep is already under way and groundbreaking is expected in the next couple of months.
This is the original design and I've gotta say I like the new design a lot better, not to mention the height!