A couple of points on RBC:
1. The tower looks really really bulky from ground level. But from this picture you can see it will be very very sleek and tall. Sleeker and Taller than Simcoe Place, which is on of the favorite Toronto Office Towers. (50 Meters taller than Simcoe Place)
2. Looks like on the 11th floor we will have to deal with vents instead of windows. Thankfully its facing inside and onto the court. So should not take away from the exterior of the building. (at least not too much)
3. The podium on the other side of the building looks like it up to about the 3rd floor from these pictures. - This podium is a large part of the project. I went to the PCL website it stated this project is 1.77 million sq feet. - Funny I thought it was just 1.2 million sq feet max. ( By the Way ..they gave the total sq footage on Scotiaplaza at 2.2 million sq feet..so it is larger than The Bow, and that makes sense given it is 40 Meters taller.)
4. Compared to Bay Adelaide this project seems to take forever to rise, they are doing a great job with the glass cladding, but pretty soon BA will catch RBC there as well. in the past 2 or 3 weeks, BA has added 1 storey of glass cladding to the tower. BA being steel has now caught and surpassed RBC in height, and will likely finish up at least 3 or 4 months before RBC, even though RBC had a 4 month head start on construction.
5. WTF is up with Ritz? It seems to be taking forever to get out of the ground, I understand they are working on the Podium and these things take forever. I'm just reassured by the website which says the tower should take off by summer and be at about 26 or 27 floors by fall. But watching RBC slow concrete rise I am not too sure about that ....