Here is a revised idea for the Bank/Airport Parkway/Hunt Club area. The key difference here: ALL ramps at the Airport Parkway are removed (notwithstanding what the map appears - they are indeed all turned over to grass), returning it to the airport scenic access it was before the 1990s.
* New free-flowing ramps for buses between the Far South/Airport area and the Southeast Transitway, no longer requiring going through a difficult left turn
* No signals on that section of Hunt Club (currently there are 7 in the area between the Ottawa Hunt Club and Albion), significantly reducing congestion on a critical crosstown corridor
* The Southeast Transitway and rail corridor are fully preserved, with the Transitway access from Hunt Club unchanged
* Traffic would be significantly
lower upstream on Bronson, helping reduce congestion and improve pedestrian activity there - opportunity for a much-desired narrowing would exist!
* With two signals on Bank instead of one and a narrow crossing, more pedestrian-friendly
* A very auto-oriented area is broken up, allowing for major redevelopment in the Bank Street corridor
* Access is preserved via Albion to the Southway Inn and a retirement residence, as well as several businesses via Daze
* Costs would be significantly lower than my original plan - and also would not require any unsightly flyovers that may cause noise issues in the Hunt Club community
* Pedestrian movements would be improved at McCarthy/Downpatrick, Daze/Bridle Path and Albion as they no longer have to cross a busy road, just an overpass, allowing for community integration
* No access from Hunt Club to downtown via the Airport Parkway, requiring use of Riverside or Bank
* No direct access to the airport from Hunt Club, requiring use of Uplands (where a new offsetting interchange would be built in a place where communities are not impacted)
* Uplands would need to be improved to a 4-lane suburban arterial south of Hunt Club for airport access from the south end (it would actually be detached from the northern section!)
* Direct access to Hunt Club would no longer be provided from Albion, Downpatrick/McCarthy, Bridle Path/Daze or Uplands (on its current alignment) - all movements from Bank and Uplands (realigned) as seven signalized intersections and other accesses are combined into two interchanges
* Two houses and a church are displaced. Several other houses and a retirement residence require backlotting