HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 10:15 PM
Sawmill Billowtoker

YEG - Edmonton International Airport Part III

New thread, new thread.

Have at it.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2014, 10:29 PM
Sand kicking airport guy.

Here are yesterdays inaugural FI passenger counts. (Thanks to my EIA Source) of 183 available seats.

FI 693 KEF-YEG 123 passengers total (30 part of Icelandic delegation).

(22 Saga class, 34 Economy comfort, 67 Economy)

FI 692 YEG-KEF 174 Passengers total

(18 Saga Class, 41 Economy Comfort, 115 Economy)

Overall very good numbers for day 1!

CUN-MEX-YYC-YEG-YYZ-MEX-CUN

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 12:27 AM

Hey everyone. All of these Icelandair celebrations may hurt Air Canada's feelings.

Tone it down a bit

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuffyy View Post
Here are yesterdays inaugural FI passenger counts. (Thanks to my EIA Source) of 183 available seats.

FI 693 KEF-YEG 123 passengers total (30 part of Icelandic delegation).

(22 Saga class, 34 Economy comfort, 67 Economy)

FI 692 YEG-KEF 174 Passengers total

(18 Saga Class, 41 Economy Comfort, 115 Economy)

Overall very good numbers for day 1!
I am most impressed with the incoming number, since the folks over there are mostly untouched by the local publicity push. This means there is a hitherto unsuspected population bursting with desire to taste the delights of Byzantium-on-the-North-Saskatchewan.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mode View Post
I am most impressed with the incoming number, since the folks over there are mostly untouched by the local publicity push. This means there is a hitherto unsuspected population bursting with desire to taste the delights of Byzantium-on-the-North-Saskatchewan.
Well aside from the 30 pax from the Icelandic delegation thats 93 passengers, not stellar but also can't be judged as the inaugural inbound flight. I'd suspect most of those passengers originated from other points in Europe on route to YEG and the area.

The outbound however was stellar for loads for the first outbound flight. Good to see YEG and area showing such a strong response to the new flight and its connections.

I also noticed in reading one of the online news reports they interviewed a number of people flying out on the flight from Saskatchewan and Calgary… So this flight will clearly see more than just YEG use.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mode View Post
For Air Canada, their January Trans-Atlantic load factor is 74.8 percent. (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1301...ry-load-factor)

Most people buys international flights through a travel agent (either a real person or a website) that ties into one of the computer systems that compares inventory across all the airlines. Any airline can achieve 100% load factor through transfer passengers buy picking the right price. The trick is finding the price structure that yields the maximum revenue.

I have looked at a few flights to Europe recently and the cheapest option out of Victoria in a few cases comes up as Victoria-Seattle-Iceland-Europe or Victoria-Edmonton-Iceland-Europe.

Try searching http://matrix.itasoftware.com for YYJ to CPH and the Edmonton-Icleand connection is many times a good 20% cheaper. The dates I was looking at I did not find the savings worth the 21 hour layover in Edmonton.

Last edited by casper; Mar 7, 2014 at 9:38 AM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casper View Post
For Air Canada, their January Trans-Atlantic load factor is 74.8 percent. (http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/1301...ry-load-factor)

Most people buys international flights through a travel agent (either a real person or a website) that ties into one of the computer systems that compares inventory across all the airlines. Any airline can achieve 100% load factor through transfer passengers buy picking the right price. The trick is finding the price structure that yields the maximum revenue.

I have looked at a few flights to Europe recently and the cheapest option out of Victoria in a few cases comes up as Victoria-Seattle-Iceland-Europe or Victoria-Edmonton-Iceland-Europe.

Try searching http://matrix.itasoftware.com for YYJ to CPH and the Edmonton-Icleand connection is many times a good 20% cheaper. The dates I was looking at I did not find the savings worth the 21 hour layover in Edmonton.
On days 1-3-56- till June when it goes 123-56-? There should be no long layover for these days and the flight is likely to go daily by the fall of 2014. So problem solved...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 3:25 PM

The Icelandic PM was at the hockey game last night.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 3:57 PM
DRINK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieA View Post
The Icelandic PM was at the hockey game last night.
I wonder Eakin's icey cold stare reminded him of the Icelandic coach in D2.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post
Hey everyone. All of these Icelandair celebrations may hurt Air Canada's feelings.

Tone it down a bit
Well...if you drive southbound on 50th street (around 70 ave) you will see the YYC.AC billboard that says:

Thee most flights from YYC to Europe on AC (blah blah blah).

AC and YYC must have mistaken Edmonton to Airdie!!!

so yeahhh this is how AC feels.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 5:14 PM

^ Someone should spraypaint "Stop the Calgary Habit" all over it!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 5:47 PM

How Air Canada treated YEG over Icelandair made me resolve to never fly with that airline ever again.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 5:53 PM

It's amazing to see the difference in how the two airlines have engaged Edmonton and social media so far, a night a day difference. Well done Icelandair

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 8:56 PM

I will never travel with Air Canada again. Their treatment of the Edmonton market is absurd like everyone knows. But their customer service is borderline Walmart Greeter quality!

As the wife and I flew into Monteal on our way to NYC last October on AC. No one from AC mentioned our NYC gate, and time the flight left from Montreal to NYC changed. And there was no one at the old gate to instruct us as to where the new gate was!!!! The flight was delayed 3 hours and nothing on the boards. We found our information from another lost soul. And to top things off... Our 737 turned into a dash 9.

Nope won't catch me on this carrier again.

Rant over and out

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:06 PM
Very tall. Such Scrape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK STAR View Post
I will never travel with Air Canada again. Their treatment of the Edmonton market is absurd like everyone knows. But their customer service is borderline Walmart Greeter quality!

As the wife and I flew into Monteal on our way to NYC last October on AC. No one from AC mentioned our NYC gate, and time the flight left from Montreal to NYC changed. And there was no one at the old gate to instruct us as to where the new gate was!!!! The flight was delayed 3 hours and nothing on the boards. We found our information from another lost soul. And to top things off... Our 737 turned into a dash 9.

Nope won't catch me on this carrier again.

Rant over and out
Well that is a borderline magical aircraft swap.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:07 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

Dash 9? There isn't any such aircraft type. Oh, and AC does not have 737s in its fleet.

Maybe you were referring to the A319/320 or the Embraer E190/175? From Montreal, AC flies the E-Jets into LaGuardia, and the CRJ 100/200 into Newark.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:14 PM

Well they must like YEG after all if they are flying undelivered aircraft and undeveloped aircraft?

Thats nothing compared to my aunt who stated her flight from YYZ to YWG on a F-15!?! True story...

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:17 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Well that is a borderline magical aircraft swap.
This is nothing - I once had a last-minute equipment change for a flight from Toronto to Montreal with AC - I was originally scheduled to go on a 767-200, but guess what? I ended up on a CRJ-200 instead!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCentaur View Post
Dash 9? There isn't any such aircraft type. Oh, and AC does not have 737s in its fleet.

Maybe you were referring to the A319/320 or the Embraer E190/175? From Montreal, AC flies the E-Jets into LaGuardia, and the CRJ 100/200 into Newark.

Yeah you're probably right. It was a turbo prop tho lol.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2014, 10:09 PM
Briareos Hecatonchires

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK STAR View Post
Yeah you're probably right. It was a turbo prop tho lol.
If it was a long and skinny one, it was probably a Q400, sometimes referred to as the Dash 8-Q400. Manufactured by the same company (Bombardier) which makes the Dash 8 and the CRJ.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Edmonton