HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 8:19 PM

I think we are getting the first look at new stores in the new East Terminal Extension. Looks like a duty free store, massage store, electronics store, coffee place, and some food places. I don't know what Prevost Cars would be doing with a retail space but whatever. It's technically prevost consulting.

TONS of concession (foot and store) contracts for the city council to approve at the next meeting.

You can find the details here with linked support documents: http://www.austintexas.gov/departmen...171207-reg.htm

I Spoilered summary of items. Here are a list of the companies:

<spoiler>

Item 6
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Fara Coffee, LLC and its joint venturers (Fara) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) through the achievement of Good Faith Efforts with 3.08% ACDBE participation.)

Work Papers and Other Backup Documentation
20171207-006, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary, PDF, 520kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-006, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 235kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-006, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix, PDF, 82kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 7
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with EJE CVG, LLC dba ABIA Duty Free, LLC, or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 57.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-007, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary, PDF, 192kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-007, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 233kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-007, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix, PDF, 74kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 8
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Delaware North Companies Travel Hospitality Services, Inc. and its joint venturers (DNC), or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 15.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-008, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary, PDF, 89kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-008, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 236kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-008, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix, PDF, 86kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 9
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Host International, Inc. and its joint venturers (Host) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 25.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-009, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary, PDF, 83kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-009, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 236kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-009, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix, PDF, 88kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 10
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with InMotion Entertainment Group, LLC and its joint venturers (InMotion) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 12.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-010, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary-In Motion.rev, PDF, 82kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-010, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 232kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-010, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix - InMotion, PDF, 74kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 11
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Paradies Lagardere @ AUS, LLC and its joint venturers (Paradies), or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (Airport) for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 12.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-011, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary-Paradies Lagardere, PDF, 107kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-011, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 237kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-011, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix - Paradies, PDF, 85kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 12
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Prevost Consulting Group, LLC and its joint venturers (Prevost) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 100.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-012, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary-Prevost Consulting Group, PDF, 95kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-012, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 234kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-012, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix - Prevost, PDF, 76kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 13
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with Vino Volo Texas, LLC and its joint venturers (Vino Volo) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 12.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-013, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary-Vino Volo.r1, PDF, 110kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-013, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 234kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-013, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix - Vino Volo, PDF, 76kb, posted 11/27/2017

Item 14
Authorize negotiation and execution of a concession agreement with XpresSpa Austin Airport, LLC and its joint venturers (XpresSpa) or one of the other qualified offerors to the Request for Proposals for Terminal Concessions (RFP-8100-ABIA-004), to lease, design, construct, operate, and maintain a food, beverage, and retail concession at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport for a term not to exceed ten years. (Note: This contract will be awarded in compliance with the Federal Aviation Administration's Airport Concessions Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (ACDBE) Program requirements (49 CFR Part 23) by meeting the goals with 12.00% ACDBE participation.)

20171207-014, Agenda Backup: ACDBE Summary-XpressSpa.rpdf, PDF, 83kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-014, Agenda Backup: Recommendation for Council Action, PDF, 235kb, posted 11/27/2017
20171207-014, Agenda Backup: Scoring Matrix - XpresSpa, PDF, 80kb, posted 11/27/2017
</spoiler>

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 8:35 PM

You are most likely right as the the vendors for the east food court remodeling have been announced for the most part. I wonder when the airport will announce who the new lounge is for...

Also, when the aviation building is done in 2019, will the AA and UA club finally remodel and expand, I sure hope so.

Thanks for digging for this info, it is very cool to read. Our airport is expanding!

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonh2479 View Post
You are most likely right as the the vendors for the east food court remodeling have been announced for the most part.
Oh they have? I must have missed that.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I wonder when the airport will announce who the new lounge is for...

Also, when the aviation building is done in 2019, will the AA and UA club finally remodel and expand, I sure hope so.
Would also be nice if we could get a duty free ... something. Might need a little more international traffic for that.

The airport has been pretty mum about all the stuff going in the expansion so far — I wonder if they’re waiting to make a big announcement?

And, yes, the Admiral’s club needs an expansion like crazy. It’s nowhere big enough for the number of people who use it. I dunno about United but if it’s anywhere near as busy they could certainly use the space.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 1:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by khowaga View Post
Would also be nice if we could get a duty free ... something. Might need a little more international traffic for that.

The airport has been pretty mum about all the stuff going in the expansion so far — I wonder if they’re waiting to make a big announcement?

And, yes, the Admiral’s club needs an expansion like crazy. It’s nowhere big enough for the number of people who use it. I dunno about United but if it’s anywhere near as busy they could certainly use the space.
All rumors have been pointing towards a DL focus city...that could be the announcement you are thinking off.

I remember flying to AUS as a kid and the AA club was the same, it's a shame so little is put into it.

Judging by these pictures, there might be space for an incredible small duty free but I don't see it happening at the moment

In other words, I don't know if you saw but in some other thing I posted on this thread I said ViaAir is making AUS a base and wants to be out hometown airline.
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/viaa...onstop-flights
The two airlines to watch now are Delta and ViaAir.

Rumors keep persisting the Spirit will show early 2018, we'll see.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 4:24 AM
May the Schwartz be w/ U!

Quote:
...Judging by these pictures, there might be space for an incredible small duty free but I don't see it happening at the moment...
I might be misunderstanding something, but, doesn't "Item 7" above refer to the authorization to negotiate and execute a concession agreement with someone planning to open a Duty Free?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 5:40 AM
I am so smart, S-M-R-T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVSAT View Post
I might be misunderstanding something, but, doesn't "Item 7" above refer to the authorization to negotiate and execute a concession agreement with someone planning to open a Duty Free?
Yes, a Duty Free store has long been requested by travelers and was specifically requested in the RFP.

All the details that one might ever want to know about what types of concessions were requested, the proposed locations, etc. can all be found here: https://mycloud.abia.org/index.php/s...20Services.pdf (pdf dl)

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 6:59 AM

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey711MN View Post
Yes, a Duty Free store has long been requested by travelers and was specifically requested in the RFP.

All the details that one might ever want to know about what types of concessions were requested, the proposed locations, etc. can all be found here: https://mycloud.abia.org/index.php/s...20Services.pdf (pdf dl)
Details specifically for Duty Free concession.
Duty Free
This location is intended for a duty free store for the sale of duty free merchandise including, but not limited to, liquor, tobacco products, fragrances, cosmetics, gourmet foods, leather goods, fashion accessories, clothing, crystal, jewelry, watches, pens, electronics and cameras. “Duty free merchandise” is defined as merchandise of a foreign origin (not manufactured in the United States) which is handled under the supervision of United States Customs and Border Protection and not subject to United States customs duties; United States (domestic) alcoholic beverages and tobacco products handled under the supervision of United States Customs and Border Protection and not subject to United States Internal Revenue excise taxes; and any other merchandise referred to as “in-bond” merchandise. All merchandise offered for sale must be eligible to be sold to passengers leaving the United States.
 The Concessionaire may offer for sale duty-paid merchandise, subject to the City’s prior written approval, in accordance with all applicable United States Customs and Border Protection and United States Internal Revenue Service rules and regulations.

Why would the City wish to set up a Duty Free store at its airport which will sell things made in a foreign country it can NOT tax?

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 7:13 AM
I am so smart, S-M-R-T!

Quote:
Originally Posted by electricron View Post
Why would the City wish to set up a Duty Free store at its airport which will sell things made in a foreign country it can NOT tax?
Because shopping there is only available for travelers with international tickets who are taking such goods out of the country, i.e. not thereby subject to taxation.

In some ways, the purchase is not considered to be made within the US per se, but within international territory, hence the lack of taxing authority. Duty free shopping is intensely popular worldwide and an expected benefit when traveling internationally, hence the need for such a (small) store here.

Ultimately, Duty Free does not mean "rent free" or "salary free", so the movement of these goods are still revenue-earning for the concession owner and the airport.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 1:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey711MN View Post
Because shopping there is only available for travelers with international tickets who are taking such goods out of the country, i.e. not thereby subject to taxation.

In some ways, the purchase is not considered to be made within the US per se, but within international territory, hence the lack of taxing authority. Duty free shopping is intensely popular worldwide and an expected benefit when traveling internationally, hence the need for such a (small) store here.

Ultimately, Duty Free does not mean "rent free" or "salary free", so the movement of these goods are still revenue-earning for the concession owner and the airport.
Right — usually it’s alcohol and tobacco products that are the biggest draw at duty free. In many airports that have less international traffic the store sells a lot of items and has a smaller “duty free” section that you have to produce your boarding pass to enter. (An employee then brings all the DF purchases made by passengers on a given flight to the gate where they are collected while boarding in order to ensure that they’re being taken out of the country).

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 1:29 PM

Quote:
All rumors have been pointing towards a DL focus city...that could be the announcement you are thinking off.
No, I was really thinking that beyond some vague announcements they haven’t really given specifics about the extension — they haven’t even produced schematics of the inside for public viewing yet.

While the DL lounge could be waiting on a focus city announcement, it doesn’t have to be—DL/SkyTeam are the only global alliance that has no lounge at AUS. Of course, we’re still more than a year away from it actually opening, so there’s no actual rush...

Quote:
I remember flying to AUS as a kid and the AA club was the same, it's a shame so little is put into it.
There isn’t any space, as we’ve discussed — ABIA traffic wasn’t projected to grow this fast. It is quite tired and could use a refresh, but that would be hard to do given how busy it is.

It’s a bit better than the old Robert Mueller facilities though! Which... I am old enough to remember quite well ...

Quote:
In other words, I don't know if you saw but in some other thing I posted on this thread I said ViaAir is making AUS a base and wants to be out hometown airline.
http://www.austintexas.gov/news/viaa...onstop-flights
The two airlines to watch now are Delta and ViaAir.

Rumors keep persisting the Spirit will show early 2018, we'll see.
Let’s see how long Via lasts with its 50 seaters, or if it turns out to be ExpressJet Mark 2.0.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 4:38 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Considering we've seen at least hints that the new lounge is going to be for Delta, I'd say 90% that's probably what it will be. At least IMO.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole ViaAir announcement saying it will be Austin's hometown airline. From what I looked up they aren't even based here but out of Florida. Why would they say Austin's hometown airline unless they are considering moving their base of operation? Don't see any indication that their corporate HQ is planning to move.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 7:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
Considering we've seen at least hints that the new lounge is going to be for Delta, I'd say 90% that's probably what it will be. At least IMO.

I'm not sure what to make of the whole ViaAir announcement saying it will be Austin's hometown airline. From what I looked up they aren't even based here but out of Florida. Why would they say Austin's hometown airline unless they are considering moving their base of operation? Don't see any indication that their corporate HQ is planning to move.
I think it was meant as a ploy. Gotta grab every edge possible especially if you are the new kid in town. Unless they actually locate their base here, that statement does have a smack of arrogance to it. Now if they change their name to Austin Airlines...

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 8:26 PM

Delta Hub-let

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Now if they change their name to Austin Airlines...
They could fly to smaller Texas cities as a feeder air line for the new Delta hub-let. Buy some Fairchild Metroliners.... We could call them

Austin Express

or maybe we could call them

Conquest

Last edited by Tyrone Shoes; Nov 29, 2017 at 8:58 PM.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post

I think by "hometown airline" they mean the airline you take to fly to your "hometown." I had never heard of them before so I looked them up on Wikipedia and it looks like they fly mainly to smaller airports (theoretically transporting people to a bigger airport - i.e. something like Victoria TX to AUS, etc).

Maybe I'm totally wrong.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigaven View Post
it looks like they fly mainly to smaller airports (theoretically transporting people to a bigger airport - i.e. something like Victoria TX to AUS, etc).
That's in line with operating out of the South Terminal at AIBA. It's nice to see the south terminal deal working like they hoped it would. Allegiant has expanded quite a bit and it looks like we'll have ViaAir doing the same. I wonder which one is going to crash first.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 3:44 PM

OCTOBER 2017

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for October 2017 was 1,269,153, up 15% compared to October 2016. October 2017 enplanements totaled 631,899, up 14.5%.
Alaska Airlines passengers totaled 30,640, up 65%
Allegiant Air passengers totaled 26,045, up 65.5%
British Airways passengers totaled 11,746, up 2%
Delta Air Lines passengers totaled 173,563, up 28.5%
Volaris passengers totaled 1,185, down 39%

October 2017 air cargo totaled 17,736,790 lbs., up 5% compared to October 2016; International air cargo 4,252,493 lbs., up 44%

JANUARY-OCTOBER 2017

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for January – October YTD was 11,469,001, up 11%, compared to January – October 2016. January – October 2017 enplanements totaled 5,745,360, up 11%.
Alaska Airlines passengers totaled 227,532, up 22%
Allegiant Air passengers totaled 220,122, up 54%
British Airways passengers totaled 108,285, down 1.5%
Delta Air Lines passengers 1,471,108, up 15%
Volaris passengers totaled 12,844, up 128%

October YTD (January – October 2017) air cargo totaled 157,946,978 lbs., up 10.5% compared to October 2016. International air cargo totaled 22,263,941 lbs., up 44%

http://www.austintexas.gov/news/octo...stin-bergstrom

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 4:41 PM

Quote:

OCTOBER 2017

Passenger Activity: Total passenger traffic for October 2017 was 1,269,153, up 15% compared to October 2016. October 2017 enplanements totaled 631,899, up 14.5%.
Holy bananas!

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 5:20 PM

11% increase YOY is really just nuts.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 10:25 PM

Maybe next year every month will see at least a million passengers pass; we didn’t have any month reach a million until 2014.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin