Originally Posted by srperrycgy
Yep. "Transit Teddy" says, "Have Fun, Be Safe!"
All right, folks--as we all know
, Calgary Transit is a little dazed and confused right now with its branding scheme, what with the spiffy new red-platinum-and-champagne livery trying to elbow out the old blue-and-purple colour scheme and all, but finding out yesterday for the first time ever
that they even have
a mascot at all just cinched it for me. If they really want to get the kids' hearts and minds while they're young, then you'd like to think they'd have a mascot front and centre in their marketing strategy, right? With that premise in mind, I'd like to see what the mood is on the board for some cute, fuzzy, and vaguely anthropomorphic possibilities to include in Calgary Transit's eventual extreme makeover:
- Keep Transit Teddy, but fix him up with a spiffy new costume in the new Calgary Transit colour scheme.
- Retire Transit Teddy in favour of Archie the Archer, calling dimly to mind the history of the Blue Arrow express service whilst symbolising the process of delivering an object quickly and accurately to one's intended destination.
- Retire Transit Teddy in favour of Bronco. Sure, it's horsey and hokey, but at least Super Dave'll like it.
- Retire Transit Teddy in favour of Charlie Chinook, to tie in Calgary's heritage and the "Ride the Wind" theme.
- Retire Transit Teddy in favour of Peggy Suss, Calgary Transit's manifestation of speed and dependability in the form of a--wait for it!--pegasus.
- Retire Transit Teddy in favour of Cthulhu. Probably not overly suitable for the kiddies, but if H.P. Lovecraft's favourite mindfrakking semidivinity won't scare Calgarians out of their cars, who will?
Let's kick this about and have some fun!