HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 4:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
At least it's not a lighthouse.
Speaking of lighthouses; I was walking by the Trillium today and noted the 'Daleks' standing guard. Any thoughts on the new 'Doctor' ?
Fridays are good days to stray off-topic.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 12:10 AM

There is now a white/yellow EY (Ernst & Young) logo on the south face of the Duke/Lwr Water corner of the building.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 6:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
There is now a white/yellow EY (Ernst & Young) logo on the south face of the Duke/Lwr Water corner of the building.
Yep, they occupy the 6th floor.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2014, 5:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblaauw View Post
It looks great. Saw it tonight.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 1:29 AM

Went to the new bank for the first time. Pretty casual compared to the old building. I just came from work and felt over dressed for the occasion! A bank should be clad in expensive marble or other stone, not look like a living room with hardwood floors.

Because CIBC also renovated their bank the only nice bank left is Scotiabanks downtown location. All the rest are living rooms now.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 1:00 PM

Scotia Bank is an impressive interior. More grand than the 'Elephant and Castle', but the E&C is very nice.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JET View Post
Scotia Bank is an impressive interior. More grand than the 'Elephant and Castle', but the E&C is very nice.
I agree. Took a look during Doors Open this year and was very impressed. It is a beautiful building!

A little off-topic, but has there been any word on the status of the 'Elephant and Castle' bank building? I heard another restaurant was going to open there some time ago, but that seems to have fizzled out.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 1:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
I agree. Took a look during Doors Open this year and was very impressed. It is a beautiful building!

A little off-topic, but has there been any word on the status of the 'Elephant and Castle' bank building? I heard another restaurant was going to open there some time ago, but that seems to have fizzled out.
I assumed that was on hold after the Commerce Square project was proposed—now that it's on hold, I wonder if occupation of the building is also on hold. Would be a shame to see it go empty for years for that reason, but I understand why a tenant wouldn't want to go in there (and set up in such a big space) just to get booted during a lengthy construction period.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2014, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDartmouthMark View Post
Last time I walked by and looked in the windows it was being used as an office/workshop/storage for the TD renovation. It was weird seeing the old decor but with temporary wood shelving and tools. Hopefully it can be restored after work is complete.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2016, 3:56 PM

A giant sticky note billboard has gone up in the windows of Waterside Centre for Nocturne.

20161014_171356 by Jonovision23, on Flickr

Old Posted Oct 15, 2016, 5:30 PM

Who is shown and what is it saying?

Old Posted Oct 19, 2016, 2:00 AM
Dartmouth Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Who is shown and what is it saying?
#make150count

Initiative run by RBC (search #make150count on twitter) celebrating Canada's 150 years and promoting investing in our country's youth. RBC gives people $150, to do something good for their community. Portraits in post-it notes are pictures of some of the people who have participated.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > Halifax > Halifax Peninsula & Downtown Dartmouth