Hartly is a small town in the western part of Kent County, near the Maryland border. The surrounding farmland is Delaware's Amish Country. Hartly's population is around 75.
Hartly was first settled around 1734. Hawkins Chapel was built in 1840, and the small crossroads became known as Hawkins Chapel or Hawkins Cross Roads. In the 1860's the town was known as Arthursville. The Hartly Hotel was built in 1883, and the town took the name "Hartly", after a man named Hart, a railroad employee who was successful in bringing a railroad station to the settlement.
Hartly Market, a small convenience store on Arthursville Road.
Houses on Arthursville Road.
A house on Arthursville Road.
The Hartly Volunteer Fire Station on Arthursville Road.
Hartly United Methodist Church on Main Street.
An old house on Main Street.
Hartly Supply Company on Main Street.
Houses on Main Street.