HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 2:16 AM

Buffalo Frequent Service Bus route map. Your ideas.

This is for the Buffalo people or people who know Buffalo well.

Check out the map I made for improving public transit in Buffalo. Basically the route lines on the map, are routes that would be marketed as HIGH FREQUENCY, where riders would never have to wait more then 15min for a bus seven days a week from start of service till about 9PM, and then never wait more then a half hour at night.

Anyway I tired to hit all the major trip generators. So check out the map, let me know if you think those routes would work, and if you would add any. I made a post ages ago about my route ideas but without a map. Enjoy.

Click to see
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c43b20541010f5

Old Posted Feb 25, 2008, 3:46 AM
Flower City

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoronto View Post
This is for the Buffalo people or people who know Buffalo well.

Check out the map I made for improving public transit in Buffalo. Basically the route lines on the map, are routes that would be marketed as HIGH FREQUENCY, where riders would never have to wait more then 15min for a bus seven days a week from start of service till about 9PM, and then never wait more then a half hour at night.

Anyway I tired to hit all the major trip generators. So check out the map, let me know if you think those routes would work, and if you would add any. I made a post ages ago about my route ideas but without a map. Enjoy.

Click to see
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...c43b20541010f5
I go to UB, thank you.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2008, 6:54 AM
NIMBYcrusher9000

I think Buffalo really needs express buses which can bring suburbanites downtown much more conveniently than the current awful/haphazard routes do.

Also, there needs to be limited-stop routes that go connect all the city's better neighborhoods and attractions. The system needs to start finding ways to cater to people with transportation choice rather than just being a low-rent shuttle service for the city's indigent population.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2008, 12:13 AM

Well this plan would be a start to providing transportation for people with and without a choice. From there you can add in limited stop service along busy corridors like Elmwood Ave, and more direct and frequent express service from the suburbs.

Buffalo already has middle class ridership in the north end of the city. They should build on that.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Northeast