For anyone who cares, here's a fairly updated summary of goings on in a small upstate New York town. I will be using info from Ithaca Builds ( http://ithacabuilds.com/
) and Ithacating in Cornell Heights ( http://brancra.wordpress.com/
1. Completed affordable apartment building in downtown - Breckenridge Place
2. A recently completed mixed use building downtown - Seneca Way
3. Site ground work has started for a long awaited downtown apartment building - Cayuga Place Residences.
4. The downtown pedestrian mall (The Commons) is undergoing a major renovation.
5. The iconic old Carey Building is being renovated to serve as a downtown business incubator associated with the local colleges; Cornell University, Ithaca College and Tompkins-Cortland Community College(know as TC3). The foundation is also being built up with the hopes of adding 5 additional stories to the the current two.
6. A new farm-to-bistro project (TC3 Coltivare) developed by the TC3 Culinary Arts program is under construction in the ground floor (retail area) of the Cayuga parking garage.
7. The old Holiday Inn tower downtown is undergoing a renovation as the start of a major project which will include an additional new tower and a name change to the Hotel Ithaca.
8. Speaking of hotels, the new downtown Ithaca Marriott Hotel hope to break ground as early as next month.
9. Another hotel proposal has been recently announced -a downtown Hampton Inn located next to the Carey Building.
10. Tompkins County had issued a Request for Expressions of Interest to redevelop the old county library site downtown. They received six responses and now must determine which developer to use. Here's a rendering of the one I hope they select.
11. Still not much movement on the biggest downtown mixed use project - Harold's Square. Hope this can get going soon.
12. Several blocks to the east of downtown a large apartment development is in the final phases. Collegetown Terrace will add over 1,200 beds spread throughout several new and renovated buildings.
13. Another project in the Collegetown neighborhood (Collegetown Crossing) which has been in limbo for quite a while has new life with a change in the city's parking requirements.
14. A new project (Dryden South) has recently been proposed just around the corner from Collegetown Crossing.
15. The biggest project of all is a redevelopment of a large factory complex located on South Hill between downtown and Ithaca College. Big stuff for a small city like Ithaca.
There are quite a few other developments proposed, in progress or just completed in and around the city. Nearly all are covered in the two sites I linked in the first paragraph.
Sorry to give so much info (just excited and bragging a bit about the old home town I guess.