HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 8:24 PM
Fiorenza's Avatar
Fiorenza Fiorenza is offline
Reliable Source
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,551
BD, we have to agree to disagree. This country needed more Bush, not less. Now it's too late anyway. Sit back and enjoy the...er...ride.
__________________
Taze Me, Bro!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 8:58 PM
dante2308's Avatar
dante2308 dante2308 is offline
Man of Many Statistics
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Atlanta/Jamaica/S. Florida
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabydaddyATL View Post
Fiorenza - this next election is about the survival of our country, not race. In every way, our country's competitiveness in the global economy has significantly weakened . Domestically, we have lost our way. Greed is destroying the fabric that made us the envy of the world. Fiorenza, it is time for a changing of the guard. There has to be a better way. I think you would agree that we are not where we need to be. McCain, is more of the same. Obama, although not perfect, stands to change the way our government is going. Personally, I wanted Hillary. I think this country needed a ball buster and Hillary has the biggest set among her peers. I will support Obama, but I hope the hell he picks the right VP.
No need to respond to sarcasm. Also, Obama only doesn't appear tough because he doesn't even need to. He is a planner. He is tough, but because he figured everything out so far in advance. God only knows what happens if force his entire hand. Regardless, thank you for not going republican like some. Let's win in November!
__________________
Where is the love? We've only got one world. Time that we share it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 9:04 PM
dante2308's Avatar
dante2308 dante2308 is offline
Man of Many Statistics
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Atlanta/Jamaica/S. Florida
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabydaddyATL View Post
Do you mean well spoken? Seriously, do you want Georginia Bush Part Deux - McCain.

Let's break your argument down DH8588. What do you believe are Obama's socialist views? I want specifics too DH8588!
Actually I saw his entire last post as an honest compliment. Way to go DH8588! You'll see in the coming months that Obama is far more than rhetoric. To be honest it is kind of scary how well he can convince people, but I think it is worth a term to see what happens.
__________________
Where is the love? We've only got one world. Time that we share it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 9:37 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
BD, we have to agree to disagree. This country needed more Bush, not less. Now it's too late anyway. Sit back and enjoy the...er...ride.
I agree, we have to agree to disagree. I will leave you with one question - Do you believe we live in a democratic country or just a capitalist country. Because from my perspective, and no offense Fiorenza, Republicans don't give a damn about democracy anymore. All they care about is (capitalism) that the rich stay rich and the government makes laws and policies so they can get richer.

Last edited by BabydaddyATL; Jun 8, 2008 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 9:45 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by dante2308 View Post
Actually I saw his entire last post as an honest compliment. Way to go DH8588! You'll see in the coming months that Obama is far more than rhetoric. To be honest it is kind of scary how well he can convince people, but I think it is worth a term to see what happens.
No, what was scarier is that on every debate, Georginia Bush got his ass whipped, and people still voted for him. Somehow he convinced them that the town drunk could actually run the most powerful country in the world.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:01 PM
NativeAtlantan's Avatar
NativeAtlantan NativeAtlantan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 398
mods, please, help!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:02 PM
Dragonheart8588 Dragonheart8588 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeAtlantan View Post
mods, please, help!
Yes, change the name of this thread please.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:30 PM
Dragonheart8588 Dragonheart8588 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabydaddyATL View Post
Do you mean well spoken? Seriously, do you want Georginia Bush Part Deux - McCain.

Let's break your argument down DH8588. What do you believe are Obama's socialist views? I want specifics too DH8588!
My biggest thing is his universal health care proposal.

America is the fattest nation in the world and the most unhealthy. We take gluttony to the next level, and yet we have the highest number of gym per capita. Also, we have heart disease as the #1 killer.

Healthcare needs to be reform, but not universal healthcare. Not at this time. There are too many obese and unhealthy people in our nation for this to exist.

We need to fix people habits and not enable them to continue their habits by giving free health care.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:45 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart8588 View Post
My biggest thing is his universal health care proposal.

America is the fattest nation in the world and the most unhealthy. We take gluttony to the next level, and yet we have the highest number of gym per capita. Also, we have heart disease as the #1 killer.

Healthcare needs to be reform, but not universal healthcare. Not at this time. There are too many obese and unhealthy people in our nation for this to exist.

We need to fix people habits and not enable them to continue their habits by giving free health care.
Fine, then take away Congress and the President's healthcare plan.

So let me understand this straight DH8588. Your biggest problem with Obama is that he wants to give healthcare to babies and the uninsured, and that is more important to you, than McCain wanting to stay in the war another 100 years, extend tax cuts that has led us to the worst financial situation our country has ever faced, no stem cell research, the Patriot Act...etc!!! Wow, universal healthcare MUST be a big deal to you.

DH8588 - I just had a revelation that universal healthcare will destroy this country and the occupation of Iraq SHOULD go on for 100 years. What the hell was I thinkin'? I have to sponsor a John McCain fundraiser now. It could be a bake sale. I'll make sh*t pies, oops I meant shoefly pies and throw them at every damn idiot that walks up. DH8588 are drinkin' today too?

Want to buy a pie?

Last edited by BabydaddyATL; Jun 8, 2008 at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:51 PM
Fiorenza's Avatar
Fiorenza Fiorenza is offline
Reliable Source
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,551
BD, the biggest issue is fiscal and monetary policy. Whether single-payer healthcare or any other issue involving budget policy, McCain would look for ways to cut out pork. On the other hand, Obama would screw the pooch in order to keep his base happy.
__________________
Taze Me, Bro!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:01 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
BD, the biggest issue is fiscal and monetary policy. Whether single-payer healthcare or any other issue involving budget policy, McCain would look for ways to cut out pork. On the other hand, Obama would screw the pooch in order to keep his base happy.
Fiorenza, the current group of Republicans screwed so many pooches, my big girl Sallie Anne got pregnant. Do really think this healthcare bill will even go through regardless of who is president? Cold day in hell.

Do you think McCain will continue the no bid defense contracts like his predecessor. Also, how can you trust any position John McCain has? Every big position he has had he changed to win this election. Remember Fiorenza, McCain WAS the most liberal republican in Congress. Do you really believe he has changed. Hell I would vote for him if he stood for what he used to and believed we should leave Iraq. He would make the perfect Democrat. You guys are suckers. You can look at him when he spews that bullshit and see that he does not even believe it. It is so funny!

Last edited by BabydaddyATL; Jun 8, 2008 at 11:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:10 PM
Fiorenza's Avatar
Fiorenza Fiorenza is offline
Reliable Source
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,551
Wait for the town hall debates, maybe you'll change your tune.
__________________
Taze Me, Bro!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:12 PM
Dragonheart8588 Dragonheart8588 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabydaddyATL View Post
Fine, then take away Congress and the President's healthcare plan.

So let me understand this straight DH8588. Your biggest problem with Obama is that he wants to give healthcare to babies and the uninsured, and that is more important to you, than McCain wanting to stay in the war another 100 years, extend tax cuts that has led us to the worst financial situation our country has ever faced, no stem cell research, the Patriot Act...etc!!! Wow, universal healthcare MUST be a big deal to you.
I totally agree with you about taking away Congress and President's health care benefits. So they can realistically make a decision on this aspect.

However, you are committing the straw man fallacy. I was speaking only about the million of unhealthy people that would be the main drain of resource. Babies and healthy people are not the problem. We should give them all the insurance because they won't use it very much.

I would never vote for McCain because he has no idea how to fix the economy.

As for the war, I never support it from the beginning. However, since we did start it and messes up somebody else country. We should stay there to finish the job and CLEAN IT UP.

If we pull out and give a date then the same thing would happen as it did with Viet Nam. I should know because my dad is Viet Nam Vet who was stuck Viet Nam facing punishments for being on the side of the American.

However, do not misconstrue this as an agreement to 100 year plan. I think that plan is ridiculous.

You cannot blame the tax cuts for the crisis that we are current facing. This happened because of greedy banks and consumers. <--- This is where I believe that should be some regulations.

As for the Patriot Act, it is the fault of stupid Congressmen for not reading it. The act had bipartisan support.

BD, I see your good intentions to improve this country, but we have take things as they are. Does that mean I support Bush or someone like him? No, but I applaud Bush for doing one smart thing so far by vetoing the farm bill. I give credit where it is due.

I vote for issues and not the person or the party. I'm an Independent who is having some major internal conflicts. If I can't figure it out by November then I will not vote.

Let's remember that everyone of us want the best for our country. It is the path to that goal that we need to straighten out.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:19 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
Wait for the town hall debates, maybe you'll change your tune.
Words don't mean jack sh!t Fiorenza. Actions do and that is why the die hard Republicans hate him. Fiorenza I want you to answer this - Which John McCain do you believe, the liberal one he has been his twenty years of politics or the conservative one he became in the last three years?

You may want to watch these:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ioy90nF2anI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GEtZlR3zp4c

Last edited by BabydaddyATL; Jun 8, 2008 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:27 PM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Fiorenza, after watching those videos, please tell me you still are not waiting for the debates. Hell, I am waitin' for a different reason...a GOOD LAUGH.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:34 PM
Fiorenza's Avatar
Fiorenza Fiorenza is offline
Reliable Source
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,551
I'll check them out and get back to you
__________________
Taze Me, Bro!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 11:55 PM
dante2308's Avatar
dante2308 dante2308 is offline
Man of Many Statistics
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Atlanta/Jamaica/S. Florida
Posts: 1,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
Wait for the town hall debates, maybe you'll change your tune.
I can't wait until the moderators hit. Well I guess Obama will have to just prove himself the way McCain never had to.
__________________
Where is the love? We've only got one world. Time that we share it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 12:03 AM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiorenza View Post
I'll check them out and get back to you
Are you going to put them in the round file cabinet? Seriously Fiorenza, if you are going to take part in these debates, you are going to have to start educating yourself and that means viewing videos from the opposite side. I watch that psycho Bill O'Crazy.

I still want you to answer the question - What is more important to you, democracy or capitalism?

I need to know what we are working with here and how long the deprogramming will take.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 12:13 AM
BabydaddyATL BabydaddyATL is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 502
So the Moderators don't kick us off

Q2 Beltine Report

Not a damn thing is happening. Our state lacks leadership and our country is gettin' hit, head on by a sh!tstorm of epic proportions.

If you need any further explanations please PM me. Peace!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 12:25 AM
Fiorenza's Avatar
Fiorenza Fiorenza is offline
Reliable Source
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,551
__________________
Taze Me, Bro!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:35 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.