HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Aon Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chicago Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Chicago Projects & Construction Forum

View Poll Results: Will the World Trade Center go through a period of dislike?
Yes, but it will grow on Americans. 8 32.00%
Yes, but resentment will exist(new design). 7 28.00%
No, it will be widely liked to begin with. 10 40.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 5:26 AM

New World Trade Center likability

Do you think that the new World Trade Center will be somewhat disliked in the first years of its' completion, then it will become more liked, as the former WTC was?

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 12:41 PM

Because of such a large number of people being asked this, obviously the results will be a mixed bag. I doubt there'll be a landslide.

The esthetics of the complex is one thing, but how functional it will be is another consideration.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2012, 1:54 PM

No, times were different then. It was the 1970's, there were far less people here than there are now and people will just be pleased to see the new complex completed. They will be happy to see America more specifically Lower Manhattan getting back on its feet since 9/11/2001. The Twin Towers were rather large for their time because they topped the ESB after a 40 year reign and there were two of them. These new Towers symbolize the rebirth so everyone should be for that. After all, I've heard people all over NYC ask "What's taking it so long?"

Old Posted Mar 23, 2023, 3:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker2009 View Post
No, times were different then. It was the 1970's, there were far less people here than there are now and people will just be pleased to see the new complex completed. They will be happy to see America more specifically Lower Manhattan getting back on its feet since 9/11/2001. The Twin Towers were rather large for their time because they topped the ESB after a 40 year reign and there were two of them. These new Towers symbolize the rebirth so everyone should be for that. After all, I've heard people all over NYC ask "What's taking it so long?"
Alright well here we are a decade after this post, and I must say, good call!

Also- I'm enjoying watching the new complex become a part of history as time goes on...in films and what not. Side rant, I'm irritated to see some shows using stock footage of Manhattan with it in varying states of completion(while an hour might pass in the show), which is just a ridiculous pet peeve but DAMN! Annoying when you notice for sure. Weird not to pay attention to that, but hey I'm from Jersey and I've always focused on the reconstruction so idk, whatever lol

Hoping they use some variation of the original design when tower 2 finally rises. Cheers on your accurate prediction

Old Posted Mar 24, 2023, 8:42 PM

What makes things worst if had they decided to rebuilt the twins it would have been long finished by now. It will be nearly 30 years when WTC2 and WTC5 are finished. Shocking.

Old Posted May 10, 2023, 1:32 AM

I must admit, that I would have liked to have the twins back in the beginning, but when this current reconstruction was unveiled it was just as good. Namely tower #1. Much better than some of the initial designs back around 2002 or 2003.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture