HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 7:17 PM

Matthias is the Ray Neufeld of the 90's Jets and similar to me, Mr Stonehands

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 7:27 PM
the first stamp is free

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
James Wright 2.0

Old Posted Nov 3, 2017, 11:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post

lol...that is exactly what I have been calling him.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 1:24 AM
BANNED

I'm curious as to know who will be sent down, once Perreault returns. I hope it's not Lemieux.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 3:09 AM

I have been excited for Lemieux to join the line up ever since I saw him at prospects camp years ago. The kid has grit, skill, and most importantly heart. He is a solid, solid fourth liner.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
whoa, whoa, whoa....no Lemieux??? I'd have Lemieux in way before Armia or Matthias and I don't even think Dano should be on this team.

.....but that is just my opinion. You know the saying on those (opinions)
I agree. Send Dano to the Moose. I do like Armia but Lemieux brings something to the team that no one else in the system can; he's like a Peluso that can actually produce offence. I was a big Lemieux hater last couple years, didn't think he had it in him, but I'm impressed and Maurice LOVES him. He's not going anywhere, at worst I see him as #12/13 rotating with Armia based on how rough the opponent is. I really like Tanev's game, and I think Matthias plays a great game, just can't score. Hendricks is useless but Chevy and Maurice really like the learning he provides to the young guys.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 6:25 PM

Who the Jets send down to the Moose will more likely depend on who doesn’t have to clear waivers....as far as I know Lemieux would be the only one.....

Old Posted Nov 4, 2017, 9:12 PM

^Agree, but I just can’t imagine Lemieux going... offers something none of those other guys do. The other ~5 guys are all fairly interchangeable

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 10:43 AM
BANNED

Last night was the most frustrated I ahve ever been with this team since the Jets returned. Paul Maurice is a horrible coach, and the Jets are winning in spite of him. If we had a decent coach, I am convinced we would be 10-2-1 at the very least, and be contending for the Stanley Cup this season.

Montreal vs Winnipeg summary:

-Habs outshot Jets 50-23
-Hellebuyck was awesome, but could only do so much
-Lemieux was on the ice for a total of 4:38, while our top line did over 20 minutes, and were clearly gassed in the last 10 minutes
-The third line got more ice time than the second line for 60 minutes
-No excuse to give journeymen like Tanev and Matthias more ice time than Laine and Ehlers, who will be franchise players
-discipline continues to be a problem
-Jets aren't keeping opponents out of their zone,and allow far too many scoring chances.

If Hellebuyck did not have the amazing month that he has had, I am convinced we would be dead last in the Central Division. Last night produced some of the most questionable coaching decisions I have ever seen, especially when it came to line deployment. When you put out star players that are clearly gassed, not only are they far less effective, but it's dangerous, as they run the risk of injury. The Jets could have used Lemieux to jump start the offense, as he sat the entire period, and is anxious to prove himself. Hell, they could ahve used Hendricks, who only was on ice for 6 minutes.

With Maurice, we are either going to finish just out of the playoffs, or get swept in the first round again. True North is too loyal and foolish to get rid of the coaching staff.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 3:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post
Last night was the most frustrated I ahve ever been with this team since the Jets returned. Paul Maurice is a horrible coach, and the Jets are winning in spite of him. If we had a decent coach, I am convinced we would be 10-2-1 at the very least, and be contending for the Stanley Cup this season.

-Habs outshot Jets 50-23
-Lemieux was on the ice for a total of 4:38, while our top line did over 20 minutes, and were clearly gassed in the last 10 minutes
-No excuse to give journeymen like Tanev and Matthias more ice time than Laine and Ehlers, who will be franchise players
-Jets aren't keeping opponents out of their zone,and allow far too many scoring chances.

If Hellebuyck did not have the amazing month that he has had, I am convinced we would be dead last in the Central Division. Last night produced some of the most questionable coaching decisions I have ever seen, especially when it came to line deployment. When you put out star players that are clearly gassed, not only are they far less effective, but it's dangerous, as they run the risk of injury. The Jets could have used Lemieux to jump start the offense, as he sat the entire period, and is anxious to prove himself. Hell, they could ahve used Hendricks, who only was on ice for 6 minutes.

With Maurice, we are either going to finish just out of the playoffs, or get swept in the first round again. True North is too loyal and foolish to get rid of the coaching staff.
Agree with pretty much everything you said, as I was thinking the same thing last night. Didn't know the numbers behind it, but it was fairly evident just by watching. One extra tidbit would be that I really want Enstrom to go.

I have no problem with small players, Morrisey and Ehlers are both great small players who can outfight many opponents. But Enstrom is weak on the puck, lazy with his stick and not the greatest skater.

In my opinion, a combination with a little interference on Buff, and Enstrom are the reason the Habs won in overtime - That and Myers ridiculous penalty. But it was coaching that allowed the Habs to come back. The Jets were gassed by the time the Habs scored their 3rd goal.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 7:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets4Life View Post

-Habs outshot Jets 50-23

Good analysis.

Hendricks would be the guy I would dump, he doesn't even have close to NHL speed anymore but then why would he at 37!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Good analysis.

Hendricks would be the guy I would dump, he doesn't even have close to NHL speed anymore but then why would he at 37!

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 9:52 PM
BANNED

^ Comparing apples and in the case of Hendricks rotten oranges, Jagr was/is a generational talent and Hendricks was an NHL 4th liner who had a good year as a 3rd liner once.

Old Posted Nov 5, 2017, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
^ Comparing apples and in the case of Hendricks rotten oranges, Jagr was/is a generational talent and Hendricks was an NHL 4th liner who had a good year as a 3rd liner once.
I know. I was just kidding. Just couldn't resist.

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 4:00 PM

I was walking through the MTS Centre skywalk the other day and wondering if that part of the building will be included in the ongoing building renovations... it still has that original drab particle board wall treatment plus worn out hospital tile and beige walls.

That part of the rink looks more like a community health clinic than the amazingly dynamic and exciting downtown home of the powerhouse Jets and phenomenal Moose that it is. I hope TNSE gets around to sprucing it up.

(Sorry to put this in the Jets thread, I couldn't find an actual MTS Centre thread)

Old Posted Dec 20, 2017, 4:07 PM
jammon member

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I was walking through the MTS Centre skywalk the other day and wondering if that part of the building will be included in the ongoing building renovations... it still has that original drab particle board wall treatment plus worn out hospital tile and beige walls.

That part of the rink looks more like a community health clinic than the amazingly dynamic and exciting downtown home of the powerhouse Jets and phenomenal Moose that it is. I hope TNSE gets around to sprucing it up.

(Sorry to put this in the Jets thread, I couldn't find an actual MTS Centre thread)
I couldn't agree more. I was just thinking that last week when I was at a game.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 9:21 AM
BANNED

double post

Last edited by Jets4Life; Jan 22, 2018 at 9:56 AM.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 9:23 AM
BANNED

27-13-7.

1st place in the Central.

Once Lowry comes back we will be in good shape. Now that Roslovic has proven that it would be insane to not include him in the regular lineup, things keep getting better. Once Scheifele returns (likely in Mid February) we will be the team to beat.

Old Posted Jan 22, 2018, 9:45 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisallard5454 View Post
Funny @Jets4Life,

I distinctly remember you trying to discredit any knowledge I had as both a general hockey fan and someone who understands player depth (defensemen in particular) for being hot on Poolman earlier this year. You basically shot down my ideas as ludicrous. Turns out I was pretty on the money, at least with Poolman's development as a player. Funny considering my excitement and belief in his abilities as a great prospect was shot down due to being someone who knew nothing about hockey...

You: Poolman is going to be a star just like Morrissey. He's definitely going to be in the top 4 D-men and #2 on the Left Side. (Morrissey is the #1 LHD on the Jets, and is only 22)

Me: Poolman has been impressive, but he will not be a top D-man for the Jets. Expect him to fall just below Buff, Trouba, and Myers, and be the 7th D-man, and alternate between the regular lineup and either the press box or AHL Moose.

source: http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=5107

Sorry had to bring it up. Since we mentioned we would see who was correct in 2018

Last edited by Jets4Life; Jan 22, 2018 at 9:58 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2018, 7:13 PM

Not that I want to jinx anything, but it's starting to look more and more like we have a legitimate Stanley Cup contender on our hands here.

It blows my mind to write this, but it is not out the realm of possibility that there could be two cup parades in Winnipeg this spring... Stanley Cup and Calder Cup...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan