SO, here's the run down. I have a lot to report. At least 8 developments have been announced for one intersection (6th Ave (US 31) (North-South)/Beltline Road (AL 67) (East-West)
Here's what it looks like:
This is from Decatur Development Blog's development map
. Made by me.
means "Expected; awaiting construction"
1) Shopping center, supposedly anchored by Kohl's (they haven't released the anchor yet, but it's generally believed to be Kohl's). 80,000 to 110,000 sqft.
2) Olive Garden: Currently occupied by Lynn Layton Cadillac. Lynn Layton Cadillac will move across 6th Ave (US 31) (the large road that runs north south). After Cadillac moves across 6th Ave, three takes place.
3) Lynn Layton Nissan and Cadillac move in together. Nissan will be remodeled once Cadillac moves over.
4) Kroger intends to build a fuel center in front of it's building. At this moment, we don't know where on that property it will be built.
5) New tenants have been announced for the Crossings of Decatur (anchored by Target) as:
- Moe's Southwest Grill
- Gigi's Cupcakes
- Shoe Show
- The Childrens' Place
6) Bender's Gym: A 33,000 sqft, $3.5 Million facility.
There's also another development that I neglected to label on the map. The orange box immediately to the right of #2 (Olive Garden) is a Verizon Store that is currently under construction.
7) This is some proposed development spot. They didn't really say anything about anyone looking at, simply that it was "prime real estate."