OK here's some sources
Lots of other MLS stadiums with more private sector funding
... BMO Field is $69 million there, but I've seen $65 in other places. The stadiums listed in that report have much more private funding, with a few being financed 100% by the private sector.
funding for the stadium (NB: no indication that feds/province will fund this yet)
• Costs and Funding: Cost estimates provided by SS&E are at a conceptual design level and based on a cost analysis of other similar quality stadiums developed in North America over the last 5 years. The stadium and field complex will cost $100 million to develop, plus the value of the land ($10 million). SS&E are proposing this amount would be financed as follows:
- Federal funding $36.67 million (1/3);
- Provincial funding $36.67 million (1/3);
- City funding $26.7 million ($16.7 million cash plus City land with an estimated value of $10 million); and
- An SS&E cash contribution of $10 million.
that's also where I got that they want to split revenues (50% was what I remember from the council presentation)
I don't like the Lansdowne Live 'deal' either... we are just giving the site to those developers. The site should have a plan (design comp?), divide into a few blocks, and do an RFP for each block (maybe one big RFP?). It works well in Europe, and Toronto also is having success. Don't have dumb rules like the NCC/Lebreton, that just kills innovation. Definitely don't turn in into a giant park. Maybe use the funds to pay for a new stadium (whereever it suits the city). Put whatever team in the Lynx stadium until the new stadium is built.