Originally Posted by scottharding
Forgive me. I've read back a few pages, and skimmed the first page, but I'm not sure what this is... My best guess is that it's a kind of event center or small convention center. Is that close?
I think I would classify it as an event center.
Taken from the first page:
Some details aren't final, but the Simplots are planning space for:
•A 4-acre park.
• An amphitheater for live events that will have dinner seating for more than 500 and theater-style seating for nearly 1,200.
• A sculpture garden will display a collection of antique tractors and other items, in keeping with J.R. Simplot's idea for an agriculture museum.
• Studio space for professional and amateur artists.
• A variety of outdoor and indoor venues for all types of gatherings, including classes, dinners and weddings.
• The building also may house the headquarters of the J.R Simplot Co., but those details still are being worked out for future phases.