Staff Report: Page 61
. Recommended for approval.
FORMAL PUBLIC MEETING
Concerning a Zoning By-law Amendment
TAKE NOTICE that the Council of The Corporation of the City of Waterloo will hold a Formal Public Meeting on Monday, September 14, 2009,
no earlier than 6:30pm, in the Council Chambers, 3rd Floor, Waterloo City Centre, 100 Regina Street South, Waterloo, to consider the following application to amend the Zoning By-law pursuant to Section 34 of the Planning Act.
Zoning By-law Amendment Z-09-06
Rom Dam Developments
36, 38 and 40 Allen St W and 133 Park St – Uptown Ward
THE Applicant is proposing to amend the City’s Zoning By-law No. 1108 by rezoning the subject lands from Industrial-6 ‘I-6’ to Commercial Two-6 ‘C2-6’ with site specific provisions, including:
1. the addition of terrace dwelling as a permitted use;
2. a reduction in the front yard (Allen St) setback from 5.0 metres to 3.3 metres for
the main building, 1.9 metres for the stairs and 1.7 metres for the architectural
3. a reduction in the flankage yard (Park St) setback from 5.0 metres to 3.5 metres
for the main building and 1.6 metres for the architectural entrance feature;
4. a reduction in the rear yard (northwesterly lot line) setback from 7.5 metres to
3.0 metres for the main building and 2.6 metres for the architectural entrance
5. a reduction in the landscape buffer area from 3.0 metres to 1.7 metres; and
6. the identification of the building line for the purposes of determining within which
yards parking spaces shall be permitted on the subject lands.
Rom Dam Developments is seeking this zoning amendment to permit the development of 18 terrace dwelling units in a three and one half storey residential building.
THIS meeting shall constitute the formal public meeting required under Section 34 of The Planning Act, R.S.O., 1990, as amended. It is expected that Council will decide whether the application should be approved, denied or amended. A copy of the staff report will be available on August 28, 2009.
IF Council approves the application, a by-law to amend the Zoning By-law will be passed.
FOR further information regarding the above matter, please contact the City of Waterloo Development Services, 2nd Floor, Waterloo City Centre, Waterloo, Ontario, by calling (519) 747-8583 or by email at email@example.com
Trevor Hawkins, Development Services