HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, SkyscraperPage.com's forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web.  The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics.  SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 12:39 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC Projects View Post
I'm just hearing just now that one of the rules for CCC is that they don't allow people taking pictures and video. WTF?

I really don't think they will care once it OFFICIALLY OPENS. Security is super high because of the gala.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctobsl View Post

I saw that on the news just a while ago. It was not just the rules of the LDS church, but all Taubman Centers. I think there will be so many people there that no one will even care and it will be hard for security to enforce...

Everybody take pictures and video... then post them on here

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old&New View Post
Yup, just like with every other mall in the country that outlaws photography and video, CCC won't really enforce it. Don't even sweat it.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 12:51 AM
Urban Planning Proselyte

Quote:

I seriously doubt they would care from tomorrow onwards. Maybe if you started walking around with a camera interviewing people and asking them if they think 9-11 was a hoax people would get annoyed and security would boot you out.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:17 AM

Wtf

I'm just hearing just now that one of the rules for CCC is that they don't allow people to loiter. WTF? This isn't area 51. The LDS church can kiss my ass, I'm still going to loiter when it opens. So stupid. It's stupid shit like this is why alot of people hate the Mormon church.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:29 AM

I seriously doubt they would care from tomorrow onwards. Maybe if you started punching people in the face or pulled out a gun people would get annoyed and security would boot you out.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:46 AM

Mine eyes have seen the glory...

I just got back from a quick hour trip to the Gala pre-grand opening. Oh my. The grandeur. The food. The music. The fountains. The fire. The people dressed as trees. The general vibe of celebration. The rich people. The sights. The sounds. The fish. The creek. The skybridge. The stores. The stuff. The joy. The wonder of it all.

I think this is going to be a beautiful relationship City Creek.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
Yup, just like with every other mall in the country that outlaws photography and video, CCC won't really enforce it. Don't even sweat it.
Just in case, don't be whipping your camera out in front of security guards. A few months ago I was at Gateway, taking pictures of the southern cluster of towers, and a security guard asked me to not take pictures since it's not allowed there.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 1:59 AM

It's times like this when I have to refrain from reading SL Tribune comments...

Can't wait to get down there and see this mall for myself!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
I think the only things stopping it are someone with money or access to funding who has the desire to rebuild it.

I think someone ought to rebuild the big, grand, original Moroccan-themed Saltair, but with steel instead of wood, so it doesn't burn down again.

The lake still gets a ton of visitors and the dumpy old crappy Saltair that is there now always has packed, sold-out rock shows, so I'm sure if someone built a really beautiful Saltair, it would be quite popular.
I think the Saltair is probably just going to remain as it is...all of the resorts that have been attempted in the past have failed. It seems to have found its niche as a concert venue, and it's quite successful at that, despite it being out in the middle of nowhere.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob rulz View Post
It's times like this when I have to refrain from reading SL Tribune comments...
Sometimes I wonder how the metropolitan area has lasted this long without breaking out in a bloody civil war. I mean, really. The vitriol that comes from the Trib commentariat is truly something else.

I don't want to elaborate much on this, lest this devolves into a verbal bloodbath of its own. But I've heard from some people (online and in real life) that they will not step foot in City Creek. For reasons I need not elaborate. To that I say: Dude. Man. Come on. Don't let your disagreements with the predominant religion of this state get in the way of your civic pride.

Anyway, you know what I can't wait to see? Main Street. Between 1st South and South Temple. Packed with people on the sidewalks. I think that's when it'll sink in that this thing is finally done and here to stay for quite a long time.

Will the Starbucks and JMR open tomorrow as well? And where exactly will they be located?

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountyLemonade View Post
Sometimes I wonder how the metropolitan area has lasted this long without breaking out in a bloody civil war. I mean, really. The vitriol that comes from the Trib commentariat is truly something else.

I don't want to elaborate much on this, lest this devolves into a verbal bloodbath of its own. But I've heard from some people (online and in real life) that they will not step foot in City Creek. For reasons I need not elaborate. To that I say: Dude. Man. Come on. Don't let your disagreements with the predominant religion of this state get in the way of your civic pride.

Anyway, you know what I can't wait to see? Main Street. Between 1st South and South Temple. Packed with people on the sidewalks. I think that's when it'll sink in that this thing is finally done and here to stay for quite a long time.

Will the Starbucks and JMR open tomorrow as well? And where exactly will they be located?
I spoke with a girl at the Starbucks inside of the Marriott and she said the new location will not open until December. JMR will be where See's Candies used to be, and if you walk by you can tell it will need at least a couple month's construction time to open. They will be located in the Crandall Building, which is at the corner Northwest corner of 100 South and Main.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:31 AM
Let It Rise!

I've been waiting and watching this go down all these years. If people decide to not shop, visit or even be curious about all of the development down town for what ever reason that's their choice! But that's not going to stop me from enjoying and have a wonderful time checking out everything from people, stores, sites and the cityscape. This has been a long time in the making and I'm am not going to miss it... Hopefully I will finally meet and see some of our friends from this site there. (Jarret) It will be FUN!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sock puppet View Post
I'm just hearing just now that one of the rules for CCC is that they don't allow people to loiter. WTF? This isn't area 51. The LDS church can kiss my @#!*% , I'm still going to loiter when it opens. So stupid. It's stupid @#!*% like this is why alot of people hate the Mormon church.

Interesting comment , yet it shows how misplaced your hate for the LDS Church is. The 'rules' for Creek City don't come from the Church, they come from Taubman who operates the Mall. These 'rules' are the same 'rules' on ALL Taubman operated malls.
'Loitering' more implies not camping out, sleeping there, and hanging around there 24-7 because you have no life. That's a pretty normal standard for most business.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 2:49 AM

Instagram

There have been a lot of photos appearing on Instagram under the tags: citycreekcenter, citycreek, and slc.

These feeds are being updated, so check back tomorrow and I'm sure you'll see a lot more photos! I thought the "tree person" was... interesting.

Some favorites (all can be found in the above links with their photographers):

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 3:00 AM

Lol

Quote:

I seriously doubt they would care from tomorrow onwards. Maybe if you started punching people in the face or pulled out a gun people would get annoyed and security would boot you out.

+1 Like Lulz

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 4:35 AM

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 4:36 AM
Bring out the cranes...

LDS church or not, why is it an issue to begin with? Why are pictures and videos not allowed in these mall? Just seems stupid and pointless to ban photos.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 4:41 AM

Quote:
LDS church or not, why is it an issue to begin with? Why are pictures and videos not allowed in these mall? Just seems stupid and pointless to ban photos.
Think about it practically though...are they really going to go out of their way to kick out everybody who takes a picture?

Have you ever heard of a mall that picked up a reputation for kicking out people because they took a few pictures?? It's because it doesn't happen. Maybe if they caught somebody walking around the mall taking pictures of everything and everybody all day long, but I imagine that it's mainly a rule that exists to satisfy some sort of legal jargon. I think if you take a few pictures of storefronts and fountains, nobody is going to stop you.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2012, 5:06 AM

Quote:
It's an industry wide practice not even just Taubman. Could be any number of reasons as to why it started in the first place, the first two that I think of though are 1) liability issues and 2) security issues (i.e. people scoping the place out...)

Whatever the reason, it is common practice but usually isn't a big deal unless there is something big going on (for example....a grand opening) or unless someone is evidently taking a lot of photos.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West