HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 4:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Ask and you shall receive . I spent 5 days of my vacation in downtown SLC two weeks ago. Actually, my wife was there on business so I tagged along. We stayed at the Marriot in a room that overlooked the site. I took a lot of pictures some I will try and post here and some on the Salt Lake Development thread. Any here are two that I took of Tower 1

I also visited the City Creek sales office and got the pitch from one of the sales rep. I learned some interesting information. Maybe this has been reported here already and I missed it. If so disregard the following.

1 Deseret Book will locate its store in first floor of the east Richards Court tower.
2 A restaurant called the Blue Lemon will locate in the west tower of Richards Court.
3 The second floors of both towers which were originally to be retail will be condos with extra high ceilings.
4 Tower 2 will be on hold from anywhere between 4 to 10 years.
5 They are concentrating their sales efforts on Richards Court and The Regent before starting to market Tower 1. I assume this to mean that they would like to have the majority of the units in both of those buildings sold before opening up Tower 1.
6 The sales rep said that Harmons had finally been given all of their approvals and construction would start "soon"
7 Prices for Richards Court run from $442,000 for a 771sf studio to $2,090,000 for a 2568sf 3 bedroom.
8 Prices for The Regent run from $297,000 for a 759sf - 1074sf studio to $931,000 for a 2 bedroom / den
9 Nordstroms originally wanted to be on the corner of West Temple and South Temple but because the Utah Woolen Mills has a 100 year lease on the space and they would not sell. With out that ground the site was not big enough for the Nordstroms store.
Thanks for the pics. I don't think I've seen it from that angle.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 5:16 PM

Great info Orlando.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 7:16 PM

When will buyers be allowed to start moving in to Richard's Court?

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 9:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Great info Orlando.
What info? Maybe you are thinking of the info that Viperlord provided.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
What info? Maybe you are thinking of the info that Viperlord provided.
Sorry I meant Carpenter. You forumers all look the same to me

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 12:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
...I also visited the City Creek sales office and got the pitch from one of the sales rep. I learned some interesting information. Maybe this has been reported here already and I missed it. If so disregard the following.

1 Deseret Book will locate its store in first floor of the east Richards Court tower.
2 A restaurant called the Blue Lemon will locate in the west tower of Richards Court.
3 The second floors of both towers which were originally to be retail will be condos with extra high ceilings.
4 Tower 2 will be on hold from anywhere between 4 to 10 years.
5 They are concentrating their sales efforts on Richards Court and The Regent before starting to market Tower 1. I assume this to mean that they would like to have the majority of the units in both of those buildings sold before opening up Tower 1.
6 The sales rep said that Harmons had finally been given all of their approvals and construction would start "soon"
7 Prices for Richards Court run from $442,000 for a 771sf studio to $2,090,000 for a 2568sf 3 bedroom.
8 Prices for The Regent run from $297,000 for a 759sf - 1074sf studio to $931,000 for a 2 bedroom / den
9 Nordstroms originally wanted to be on the corner of West Temple and South Temple but because the Utah Woolen Mills has a 100 year lease on the space and they would not sell. With out that ground the site was not big enough for the Nordstroms store.
Great News! This means the Deseret Book won't be occupying either of the two mini-anchors!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 3:18 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
Great News! This means the Deseret Book won't be occupying either of the two mini-anchors!
Thank goodness, I hate Deseret Book!

They need a Nike Town store here in SLC, great outdoor place and SLC has one of the highest places that has people staying healthy and working out, it's a perfect fit.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 3:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanboy View Post
I hope this is true but I have heard from a worker on the site that Deseret Book will be occupying the mini-anchor slot next to the Regent.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 12:42 PM

If Deseret Book did it, but did it differently somehow...adding some kind of mini cafe/bistro with outdoor seating... They've got something called the Nauvoo Cafe on the first floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building/Formerly Known As The Hotel Utah that has great food at a good price. If somehow D-Book could change their format up a bit to make it more CCC friendly, that'd be sweet.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 3:55 PM
BANNED

How about they don't even come or build at the CCC! It's the most sterotypical store and it is discrimination towrds others! Nothing like that should even be aroud. If you go into one, and you don't fit the 'regular standard' of the 'regular person' in there, you get looked at funny and you don't even get treated as fairly or the same! It's one of the worst stores around!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 4:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bro View Post

How about they don't even come or build at the CCC! It's the most sterotypical store and it is discrimination towrds others! Nothing like that should even be aroud. If you go into one, and you don't fit the 'regular standard' of the 'regular person' in there, you get looked at funny and you don't even get treated as fairly or the same! It's one of the worst stores around!
Slow down bucko! Wow. So, is a women's clothing store discriminatory? Is a chinese restaurant discriminatory? Is a Jewish bookstore discriminatory? Is a Goth/Punk clothing store discriminatory?

Take a deep breath and realize that Deseret Book is a niche store, just like any other number of stores in a mall.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 4:12 PM
BANNED

They should just build a Nike Town at the CCC!

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 4:15 PM

Quote:

They should just build a Nike Town at the CCC!
I would like that too. They can build both, you know.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 4:19 PM
BANNED

What stores will be at CCC that we know of right now? The only one I've heard is Crate & Barrel...

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 5:27 PM
Vote for me in 2019!

The Crate and Barrel is only an assumption from the fly through video, which if I remember correctly had a Brate and Carrel store. If we go by the fly through then there will also be Kenneth Cole store because just past the Brate and Carrel there was a "Reaction" sign on a store front. Reaction is one of the major lines of Kenneth Cole.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 6:27 PM

Quote:

I really don't think Desert Book caters to the 'regular person'. Anyway there's tons of establishments nationwide that cater to a specific audience. I dont see anything wrong with that.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
I really don't think Desert Book caters to the 'regular person'. Anyway there's tons of establishments nationwide that cater to a specific audience. I dont see anything wrong with that.
Well, I think what he's saying is more than just that DB is targeting a specific niche audience. He is saying that if you don't look a particular way (i.e. like a typical Mormon), the sales people are rude to you. There's no reason for sales people to be rude, if you have say long hair for a guy or a mohawk or more earrings than most Mormons have, or however you differentiate from the "norm."

Although, I'm gay, I look mostly like a stereotypical Mormon type, but I do appreciate seeing people with diverse ideas of fashion sense, etc. It makes life more interesting.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 6:56 PM

I get funny looks when I go into Hot Topic. I don't wear enough black.

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 6:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
I get funny looks when I go into Hot Topic. I don't wear enough black.
Why on earth would you go into Hot Topic??

Old Posted Oct 29, 2009, 7:57 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenar View Post
Why on earth would you go into Hot Topic??
haha for real dude. I stick to Nike stores and that good stuff, it makes me feel welcomed.

Yeah that's probably it, the ppl at DB don't think I'm Mormon due to how I look...and i'm really am not Mormon anyways, ha! Typical Deseret Book employees. Let's hope when people come to the CCC (when it's completed) from around nation and world and decide to go into Deseret Book, they don't get treated the same, it will make a bad impression on Mormons and most importantly, SLC ppl and Utah ppl.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West