HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum.

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. SkyscraperPage.com also features unique skyscraper diagrams, a database of construction activity, and publishes popular skyscraper posters.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > SSP: Local Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 12:37 PM

East Hamilton/Stoney Creek

It seems that in the lower Red Hill corridor that houses going on the market are not listed long? I see what appears to be an influx of Torontonians. Is there a big increase in relocation here?
Are Torontonians seeing what they can get here at a fair prioe and would East Hamilton be similar to say Scarborough?
Funny how I see people here going to Binbrook or Brantford.
Just curious as at least 5 homes that I saw were sold in days. And people moving in on a advanced closing date.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2014, 8:17 PM
Hammer'd

I live in that area (near Barton and the Red Hill) and houses in my neighborhood have definitely been selling fast, and there has been a lot of them. It also seems like a lot more "young professional" types are starting to move in. For the longest time this area has mostly been a welfare ghetto (owing to the huge amount of Hamilton Housing units in and around Oriole Crescent) so it's a refreshing change.

Lots of renovations going on too.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > SSP: Local Hamilton > Urban, Urban Design & Heritage Issues