HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     
Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

    Farglory Financial Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Taipei Skyscraper Diagram
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 6:24 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Taipei| Farglory Financial Center | 208.3m | 32 fl | U/C

from skyscrapers.cn by eason

The original floor area ratio is 560%, and developer get bonus to make up 840% for this site and come out this building.
The designer is 李祖原,C.Y. Lee.







Site location
Just next to the President Enterprise Corporation Tower


Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Aug 10, 2010 at 2:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Nov 30, 2009, 6:06 PM
metroXpress's Avatar
metroXpress metroXpress is offline
(||||||-||||-||||||)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 2,220
Oh, so CY Lee is her again to create the skyline for little Manhattan...thanks for the update, William!
__________________
"Think simple…reduce the whole
of its parts into the simplest terms,
Getting back to first principles"


~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 2:32 AM
ed21x ed21x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 115
CY Lee is uniquely Taiwanese

how's that for creating a unique taiwanese identity?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 2:48 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
This one is made by 白 from skyscrapers.tw It definitely create better outlook than original one. Just put the steel plate and glass down to the bottom and take out that red sign.


Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 3:13 AM
giallo's Avatar
giallo giallo is offline
be nice to the crackheads
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Shanghai/Vancouver
Posts: 7,194
Yuck.
Not a fan of this one.
__________________
www.andrewrochfort.com
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 5:46 AM
ed21x ed21x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 115
yeah, it doesn't look that good, but it will add to the skyline, which is definitely something we need more of.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 11:09 AM
Razqal Razqal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,263
i can see how we are all such big fans of c.y.lee here. that version by 白 from skyscrapers.tw definitely looks way better. less tackier. c.y. lee should just cover his entire building with stainless steel and glass instead of that yucky brown cladding and it would be a huge improvement!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Dec 1, 2009, 12:55 PM
R@ptor's Avatar
R@ptor R@ptor is offline
Global Citizen
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Frankfurt
Posts: 6,498
I'm not much of a fan of that design either, but at least it finally adds some height to Xinyi. Right now Taipei 101 is just too dominating in that part of town.
__________________
My Homepage

My Flickr Account
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 12:22 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed21x View Post
yeah, it doesn't look that good, but it will add to the skyline, which is definitely something we need more of.
It add to the skyline on right hand side.


by dan
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 1:56 AM
metroXpress's Avatar
metroXpress metroXpress is offline
(||||||-||||-||||||)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 2,220
^ now that's a nice shot...
__________________
"Think simple…reduce the whole
of its parts into the simplest terms,
Getting back to first principles"


~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 11:47 AM
Razqal Razqal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,263
yes, very nice. thanks for posting. is that a college building in the lower right corner and if so what college?

so i guess we wont be seeing any tall buildings 50+ stories in the xinyi area due to that stupid low floor ratio whatever rule huh?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Dec 3, 2009, 1:15 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
yes, very nice. thanks for posting. is that a college building in the lower right corner and if so what college?

so i guess we wont be seeing any tall buildings 50+ stories in the xinyi area due to that stupid low floor ratio whatever rule huh?
There are some sites with high floor area ratio in Xinyi, the old convention centre II and III. They will be redeveloped projects.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 6:45 PM
metroXpress's Avatar
metroXpress metroXpress is offline
(||||||-||||-||||||)
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Posts: 2,220
We need convention centre below those 50+ buildings
__________________
"Think simple…reduce the whole
of its parts into the simplest terms,
Getting back to first principles"


~ FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 7:12 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroXpress View Post
We need convention centre below those 50+ buildings
Sorry I forget to say, new convention centre has been built in Nangang. The old ones in Xinyi will not use anymore.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #15  
Old Posted Dec 4, 2009, 11:30 PM
Razqal Razqal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
Sorry I forget to say, new convention centre has been built in Nangang. The old ones in Xinyi will not use anymore.
they will get rid of the entire world trade center complex in xinyi? dont they need it since the nangang one by itself is not that big especially compared to trade centers in other countries? they should rebuild a newer and better looking one there.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #16  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 3:49 AM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
they will get rid of the entire world trade center complex in xinyi? dont they need it since the nangang one by itself is not that big especially compared to trade centers in other countries? they should rebuild a newer and better looking one there.
Nangang convention center has two stages, they don't only build one there.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Dec 5, 2009 at 8:05 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #17  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 12:54 PM
Razqal Razqal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 1,263
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
Nangang convention center has two stages, they don't only build one there.
but what are they going to do with the old convention center in xinyi since you said they wont be used anymore?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #18  
Old Posted Dec 5, 2009, 2:37 PM
williamchung taiwan's Avatar
williamchung taiwan williamchung taiwan is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
but what are they going to do with the old convention center in xinyi since you said they wont be used anymore?
I previously said that convention centre in Xinyi district will not be used anymore. That's wrong. The truth is Taiwan External Trade Development Council will not rent convention centre 2 in Xinyi district anymore because they build a new one in Nangang for thier own. Last year,the council recommended Taipei city government knocked down this building for other uses. However, it is just a recommendation.

I have discussed with other poeple in skyscrapers.tw, what government will going to do for these old convention centre? They said the government may redevelop for other uses or sale it to private company.

Last edited by williamchung taiwan; Dec 5, 2009 at 3:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #19  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 8:12 AM
ed21x ed21x is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamchung taiwan View Post
I previously said that convention centre in Xinyi district will not be used anymore. That's wrong. The truth is Taiwan External Trade Development Council will not rent convention centre 2 in Xinyi district anymore because they build a new one in Nangang for thier own. Last year,the council recommended Taipei city government knocked down this building for other uses. However, it is just a recommendation.

I have discussed with other poeple in skyscrapers.tw, what government will going to do for these old convention centre? They said the government may redevelop for other uses or sale it to private company.
the current nangang exhibition center was actually built with the provisions to be expanded in the future, so we'll probably have our 20000 square meter add on in the coming years, which will bring it up to size with the rest of the world. Nangang is developing very quickly, and expansion plans were set for 2012
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #20  
Old Posted Dec 6, 2009, 4:12 PM
duabi duabi is offline
ROF
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 570
I noticed an elementary school beside the convention center last time I was there....just yuck... I just checked it online and found this: "北市長郝龍斌昨(15)日主持南港國小新建校舍動土典禮時表示,未來舊有的南港國小將規劃為南港地區第二展覽中心,不但高鐵經過此處,屆時更可預見南港地區將成為北市第二個信義區,動土典禮並象徵著南港地區發展的起跑點。" year 2007
http://www.taipei.gov.tw/cgi-bin/Mes...006_mediaphoto

what a relief for me... XD
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
   
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 9:18 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.