McGraw Hill Building
(Description from Wikipedia)
The original McGraw-Hill building was located at 469 Tenth Avenue. This second McGraw-Hill building, on 42nd Street (33 stories, 485 ft / 148 m) was completed in 1931, the same year as the completion of the Empire State Building. The architect was Raymond Hood. The exterior walls of the building are panels of blue-green terra-cotta ceramic tiles, alternating with green-metal-framed windows, with a strongly horizontal orientation. The building was the only New York building shown in the influential International Style exhibition in 1932, and it's also been cited as a landmark of Art Deco design.
Located on West 42nd Street, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues, one of the two blocks that also houses the Port Authority Bus Terminal, the McGraw-Hill Building had been the tallest building in the Hell's Kitchen neighborhood for decades. It lost that status with the building of One Worldwide Plaza. It is still visible from a distance, but is dwarfed by the newly constructed Orion Building on the same block, a 58-story tall residential complex, also with a green exterior.
The building was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1989.