Originally Posted by bils
1. dancing snowflakes lining the athletes were just embarrassing
2. the fiddler's shadow on the moon was completely out of sync
3. the cauldron mishap
4. the lip synching throughout
5. the complete unenthusiam of the speakers
6. way too much projections and far too few performers
7. wayne being trucked thru the city with total absence of security. what the hell?
i'm a major proponent of the olympics but i'm sorry, i was quite disappointed
I don't think you can give an opinion if you didn't understand what an Olympic Opening Ceremony is nor what happened last night.
1. Dancing snowflakes? They were children dressed in white gear as white was the theme of the night, and they were aligned boy-girl-boy-girl. Every Olympic Ceremony has people aligning together to create a path for athletes to walk along, and they are often dancing.
2. It was meant to be out of sync! The fiddler is competing with his shadow, it's based on a French-Canadian folk tale.
3. I'll give you that. But it really was a highly complex cauldron. You didn't have one cauldron, rather you had five cauldrons. The fourth one failed not because the fourth cauldron failed but because the trap door got jammed by the layer of fake snow/confetti on the stadium floor.
4. EVERY OLYMPIC CEREMONY HAS LIP SYNCHING. So much can go wrong, lip synching is a necessity with shows this large.
5. Huh? Speakers?
6. Too much projections? That's what made the ceremony spectacular. People are calling this ceremony simple and elegant.
As for too few performers, they had 4,500 performers at par with Salt Lake. And it was difficult for the organizers to find talented volunteer performers in the city.
7. I'll give you that as well.