HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Feb 20, 2015, 3:24 PM

Cleveland Airport and Transportation Thread

I decided to consolidate any travel related stuff into a single thread as that is easier. At the moment I only have stuff for the airport. Other projects such as rail, service, rapid info, and the like I don't have. Anyone with information on those projects are encouraged to post it.

KCLE information and current happenings:

Coming Soon:

Southwest Airlines is adding service to Denver on November 1st, 2015.

Delta is adding service to Orlando on December 19th, 2015.

United is restarting service to Fort Myers and Fort Lauderdale on October 26th, 2015. This Brings the total nonstops for United back up to 19.

Cleveland is currently being considered for new service to London-Heathrow either on British Airways with a Boeing 787-8 or American Airlines' 757. <--- I would love to see this happen. I will keep you posted on any developments in this.

Ongoing:

There is a massive Renovation of the terminal ongoing. This includes a renovation of the facade on both the departure levels and the baggage claim levels. More information is available here: http://www.clevelandairport.com/news...t-construction.

Completed:

The winding down of the United hub at KCLE was complete on June 5, 2014. This resulted in the closure of Concourse D. It remains vacant and locked down. United dropped service to several cities including Tampa and Dallas/Fort Worth. Charleston, South Carolina service was restarted a while back.

Spirit Airlines added service to Dallas/Fort Worth, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Orlando, Fort Myers (seasonal), Tampa (seasonal), Atlanta, Boston(seasonal), Myrtle Beach (seasonal), and LA.

Jet Blue added flights to Boston and Fort Lauderdale on April 30th.

American Airlines added service to New York-LaGuardia via American Eagle on March 29th.

Frontier added service to a large number of destinations (and has pared it back/tweaked its schedule). The added destinations include Atlanta, Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Las Vegas, Orlando, Phoenix, Seattle/Tacoma (seasonal), Tampa, and Raleigh/Durham (seasonal)

Terminal Renovations including new flooring, signage and food services were completed of the last few years.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

Last edited by Dracmus; Aug 17, 2015 at 8:42 PM.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 1:12 PM

Finally got around to doing some updates. There wasn't much to update though for a while.

"Looks like I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue..."

Old Posted Aug 16, 2015, 6:34 AM

Can we see more nonstop from CLE? How about LAX, SFO, OAK, SAN, PDX, SLC, RNO, and etc.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation