HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 1:54 AM
Keep It Weird

Is there purely picture thread?

I would like to see just the pictures of any under construction/proposed projects plus the final look of the building...and how it looks for the future look of the city. I can't find a thread that is devoted to just visual content. We have an enormous amt of speculative and actual stuff being built. It's really weird we don't have a thread pinned to see all the future buildings and how the city will look in 5 to 10 yrs!

Last edited by Strayone; Dec 4, 2023 at 2:08 AM.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2023, 2:55 PM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayone View Post
I would like to see just the pictures of any under construction/proposed projects plus the final look of the building...and how it looks for the future look of the city. I can't find a thread that is devoted to just visual content. We have an enormous amt of speculative and actual stuff being built. It's really weird we don't have a thread pinned to see all the future buildings and how the city will look in 5 to 10 yrs!
The closest you'll get to that is the Photos & Videos Thread.

While it's not solely photos & videos as folks comment after others post, it's the best place to get some solid photo posts by a handful of forum contributors - a lot of our folks provide very quality photos, drone footage, etc. Sometimes people will dump 10-20 photos from their time around DT and other areas.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 4:12 AM
Curlee Capital

Quote:

I had initially considered pointing out that the details you mentioned are scattered throughout the forum, presuming your active engagement. However, since it appears that you are indeed active, my perspective has evolved. I now concur that the introduction of subfolders would be a commendable enhancement. While there might be duplications within the existing threads, this initiative could potentially evolve into a more comprehensive and distinctive repository for each building and be a huge asset for the site and enhance engagement. A great way to further leverage the spontaneous cooperation of users' distinctive skills and creativity for all our benefit.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 12:47 PM

Quote:
The City Compilations threads out on the main site are essentially what you are looking for, although comments are still allowed. That thread is not as active as the Austin sub-forum, however.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 2:39 PM

Arguably you could also just look solely at Urbannizer's posts and get a steady stream of photos

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 5:52 PM

I see what you’re getting at. The forum needs to be updated. There could be a gallery above the first post in every topic w/ renderings and construction photos.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2023, 7:53 PM

^ Not going to lie, I was hoping to see that when I first joined but I figured it would be hard.

It would be nice to have something like this in the first post of every thread

Current Renderings:

Previous Renderings:

then detailed information

Then afterwards people can just go to the last post to see the recent construction photos. What y'all think

Old Posted Dec 6, 2023, 2:02 PM
JACKinBeantown

I would like that too. It would seemingly be up to the person who started each post. That's often The ATX in the Austin forum.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin