All photos taken Apr and June 2010.
Hoek van Holland
A separate district of Rotterdam at the North Sea, with a population of 9,000.
1. Entrance to the Port of Rotterdam.
2. Get your fries with mayonnaise here.
3. Cars are not allowed on the beach but this was a special event for 4WD owners.
Cruise ship Norwegian Epic
One of world's largest cruise ships, brand new from the shipyard in France.
Visiting the Maas Tower, Netherland's tallest building (541 feet / 165 meters).
10. At the left the Montevideo residential tower and next to it Hotel New York, the former headquarters of the Holland-America Line.
11. Part of the city center, mostly residential towers in this view.
13. Railway bridge from 1927, not in use since 1993.
Climbing the advert tower of the Diepeveen Building from 1930.
Source: Google StreetView.
16. Spiral staircase.
17. That city windmill didn't survive.
18. Behind the Erasmus Bridge the Maas Tower, at the right the New Orleans residential tower under construction.
22. Paddle steamer 'De Majesteit' from 1926.
24. SS Rotterdam, built in 1959 in Rotterdam as a transatlantic liner for the Holland-America Line.
25. After retirement in 2000 she was restored and now houses a hotel, restaurants and meeting facilities.
26. A water taxi passes the Erasmus Bridge.
Other Rotterdam series: Mar-Apr 2010
| Feb 2010
| Jan-Feb 2010
| Nov-Dec 2009
| Aug-Nov 2009
| Jul 2009