HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     
Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

    Chongqing World Financial Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Chongqing Skyscraper Diagram
            
View Full Map

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #1  
Old Posted Sep 11, 2010, 10:04 PM
malec's Avatar
malec malec is offline
Rrrraaaahhhhh!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,069
CHONGQING | Chongqing World Financial Centre | 339 M / 1112 FT | 72 FLOORS

Renders

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
By iLH





Construction status as of September 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0rg View Post
By iLH
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #2  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2010, 1:42 AM
Hot Rod's Avatar
Hot Rod Hot Rod is offline
Big City Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle-Vancouver-Osaka-Chongqing-Chicago-OKC
Posts: 931
This is going to be a beauty.

Chongqing is blossoming, and in the correct way!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #3  
Old Posted Sep 12, 2010, 3:00 AM
RobertWalpole RobertWalpole is offline
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,911
To my knowledge, this is the largest city in the world with 35m people.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #4  
Old Posted Sep 17, 2010, 12:58 AM
Hot Rod's Avatar
Hot Rod Hot Rod is offline
Big City Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle-Vancouver-Osaka-Chongqing-Chicago-OKC
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertWalpole View Post
To my knowledge, this is the largest city in the world with 35m people.
Yes, it is the world's largest city in one category; single government control over an area. The CQ municipality is roughly 35 million people - far larger than any other city or metro.

However, CQ itself defines its urban area to be quite a compact area that is roughly 10 million people. This is basically the Chongqing Metropolitan Area. Chongqing city itself is seen as the core 4 or 5 districts, all very small in area - and this adds up to about 6 million. Outside of the central city and metro, sits mostly rural and towns/small cities still within Chongqing City Government control but certainly not the contiguous urban concubation we see in Tokyo-Yokohama, Osaka-Kyoto-Kobe, or Shanghai. In reality, those rural areas could have stayed with Sichuan or gone to other provinces but it is this which gives CQ city room to grow and expand.

So it depends upon how you define things, Chongqing is the world's biggest city in population but it is based on single government control and not (YET) urbanized conglomeration. I think we all can agree that Tokyo-Yokohama (Kanto region) is the world's biggest urban area and metro but Chongqing Municipality is bigger, the world's biggest single government area.

Give it time and CQ will legitimately take over all titles in the world's biggest city/metro.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #5  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2010, 3:28 AM
Dylan Leblanc's Avatar
Dylan Leblanc Dylan Leblanc is offline
Website Manager
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Victoria Canada
Posts: 7,863
Here's Koops65's drawing which won the recent SSP drawing competition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koops65 View Post
Here is my drawing of the Chongqing World Financial Center, 339M 73floors:


World Financial Center Chongqing 339m 73fl(4) by koops65, on Flickr

It's not full size, more like 75%, since I can only post images with a maximum of 1024 pixels and the drawing is 1356 pixels high.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #6  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2010, 5:29 AM
Hot Rod's Avatar
Hot Rod Hot Rod is offline
Big City Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle-Vancouver-Osaka-Chongqing-Chicago-OKC
Posts: 931
very nice and is going to add to the Jeifangbei skyline nicely.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #7  
Old Posted Oct 7, 2010, 8:47 AM
The Chemist's Avatar
The Chemist The Chemist is offline
恭喜发财!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: 中国上海/Shanghai
Posts: 7,601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
Yes, it is the world's largest city in one category; single government control over an area. The CQ municipality is roughly 35 million people - far larger than any other city or metro.

However, CQ itself defines its urban area to be quite a compact area that is roughly 10 million people. This is basically the Chongqing Metropolitan Area. Chongqing city itself is seen as the core 4 or 5 districts, all very small in area - and this adds up to about 6 million. Outside of the central city and metro, sits mostly rural and towns/small cities still within Chongqing City Government control but certainly not the contiguous urban concubation we see in Tokyo-Yokohama, Osaka-Kyoto-Kobe, or Shanghai. In reality, those rural areas could have stayed with Sichuan or gone to other provinces but it is this which gives CQ city room to grow and expand.

So it depends upon how you define things, Chongqing is the world's biggest city in population but it is based on single government control and not (YET) urbanized conglomeration. I think we all can agree that Tokyo-Yokohama (Kanto region) is the world's biggest urban area and metro but Chongqing Municipality is bigger, the world's biggest single government area.

Give it time and CQ will legitimately take over all titles in the world's biggest city/metro.
Indeed, Chongqing municipality is enormous. At 82000 square kilometres, it is the largest of China's 4 province level municipalities, approximately the same size as the island of Ireland, and is about 13 times bigger than the Shanghai municipality (the smallest of China's 4 province level municipalities). So to call it a 'city' of 35 million inhabitants is more than a little misleading.
__________________
"Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature." - Michael Faraday (1791-1867)
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #8  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 7:59 AM
Hot Rod's Avatar
Hot Rod Hot Rod is offline
Big City Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Seattle-Vancouver-Osaka-Chongqing-Chicago-OKC
Posts: 931
CQ municipality area includes a lot of protected areas, though, that the other municipalities dont. This is why I think they should have just made Chongqing into a Province and City, to remove the confusion of municipality/city. But I also understand the municipality designation, direct control with no provincial barriers (so CQ can essentially do anything it wants).

In spite of the huge area compared to the other muni's, it should be noted that most of the people live in the core as there is massive density in the 4 inner districts (Yuzhong, Jianbei, Nan An, Shapingba) and nearby. The rest live in rural farms in the valleys - but this is rapidly changing as people are migrating into the urban districts. To see Yuzhong (especially Jeifangbei), Jianbei, and Nan An - I think anybody would agree it is on par with most world cities development, density, and urban offerings.

Chongqing is really a rapidly growing big city in control of a whole lot of land, more than any other city in China. ....
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #9  
Old Posted Oct 8, 2010, 5:27 PM
photoLith's Avatar
photoLith photoLith is online now
Ex Houstonian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Millvale, Pittsburgh
Posts: 7,894
Glad to see that this tower is getting built in an already dense urban fabric. I cant stand a lot of these new tower designs in China that have tons of green space around them and are set far away from the street. They may look good in a skyline shot but walking around in these areas it doesnt feel like a city at all. Im happy to see a few Chinese cities are getting it right.
__________________
Visit my Western Pennsylvania History Page...

https://www.facebook.com/westernpahistory
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #10  
Old Posted Dec 31, 2011, 3:05 AM
mrkarry1 mrkarry1 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1

12/12
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #11  
Old Posted Jan 4, 2012, 8:33 PM
phoenixboi08's Avatar
phoenixboi08 phoenixboi08 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
Glad to see that this tower is getting built in an already dense urban fabric. I cant stand a lot of these new tower designs in China that have tons of green space around them and are set far away from the street. They may look good in a skyline shot but walking around in these areas it doesnt feel like a city at all. Im happy to see a few Chinese cities are getting it right.
I agree, I love that area of CQ, Jiafangbei. So dense.

However, I think to simply look at other [planned] CBDs in China (Guangzhou, Shanghai, and even the one in CQ itself) you see that pattern being purported...I don't particularly think it's a negative thing. On street level, it's fine.
__________________
________FANTASY?_______


Wow... I have a mac that is useful! My life is complete!!!!!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #12  
Old Posted Feb 8, 2012, 5:20 PM
Zapatan's Avatar
Zapatan Zapatan is offline
El Barto
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: California/Argentina
Posts: 2,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod View Post
Yes, it is the world's largest city in one category; single government control over an area. The CQ municipality is roughly 35 million people - far larger than any other city or metro.

However, CQ itself defines its urban area to be quite a compact area that is roughly 10 million people. This is basically the Chongqing Metropolitan Area. Chongqing city itself is seen as the core 4 or 5 districts, all very small in area - and this adds up to about 6 million. Outside of the central city and metro, sits mostly rural and towns/small cities still within Chongqing City Government control but certainly not the contiguous urban concubation we see in Tokyo-Yokohama, Osaka-Kyoto-Kobe, or Shanghai. In reality, those rural areas could have stayed with Sichuan or gone to other provinces but it is this which gives CQ city room to grow and expand.

So it depends upon how you define things, Chongqing is the world's biggest city in population but it is based on single government control and not (YET) urbanized conglomeration. I think we all can agree that Tokyo-Yokohama (Kanto region) is the world's biggest urban area and metro but Chongqing Municipality is bigger, the world's biggest single government area.

Give it time and CQ will legitimately take over all titles in the world's biggest city/metro.

But Tokyo's 35 million are in the Municipality, they are all connected, and it's all urban, no real suburbs or anything like that.


Anyway, back to this tower, it looks really cool!
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #13  
Old Posted May 13, 2014, 12:16 AM
Hypothalamus's Avatar
Hypothalamus Hypothalamus is offline
Homo sapiens sapiens
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: 3rd planet from the Sun
Posts: 1,373
CHONGQING | Chongqing World Financial Centre | 339 M / 1112 FT | 72 FLOORS
(per Skyscraper Center)


As of May 1st, 2014...


解放碑步行街 by Kridtaa, on Flickr



IMG_2473 by Kridtaa, on Flickr
__________________
“If I have done the public any service, it is due to my patient thought.” ― Isaac Newton

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #14  
Old Posted Aug 17, 2014, 9:41 AM
P2000's Avatar
P2000 P2000 is online now
Find yourself and be that
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Barcelona
Posts: 94
Cladding completed



__________________
If you want me to draw a building for Skyscraperpage, send me a message. ;)
Reply With Quote
     
     
End
   
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:37 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.