getting ready to roll
Development concept includes:
* Three-storey street-wall buildings along Bay Street and St. Mary Street, and a row of townhouses north of Cloverhill Wing. Use of roof for amenity space.
* St. Mary Street built form could be more of a domestic feel with raised landscape beds and a few steps up from street to residential units.
* Bay Street built form could include non-residential uses and with entrances flush with sidewalk. Materials include stone and wood trim.
* Proposed west tower (45 storeys) south of St. Mary Street.
* Proposed east tower (55 storeys) on the Bay Street frontage.
* Both towers have 750 square metre floor plates and are set behind street-wall buildings.
* East tower could have a high, transparent ground floor to permit views between the park to the south and the proposed courtyard area to the north of the tower as well as from Bay Street.
* Towers could be light via the use of glass.
* Open space extended to the north of Cloverhill Wing. A green wall feature could be incorporated into the base of the east tower’s south elevation.
* Opportunity for a green feature along the base of the west tower’s west elevation facing St. Michael’s playing field.
* Pedestrian movements through new open spaces and an entrance along the Bay Street frontage.