I figured I would post an update on what have been the main projects in the last year throughout Northern Nova Scotia. I'll do this by county.
Seven story condo building
- the proposed location of this project is at the corner of Main and Court Streets. Two levels retail, with the remaining floors being condos. Currently going through approval by the town.
Melford International Terminal
- Located on the Strait of Canso, this modern container facility when built will be a intermodal rail facility. Link
Trans Canada Highway Bypass
- construction of the Antigonish bypass will continue into the new year. Phase one of the project is scheduled to be complete in the fall of 2012. Link
Main Street bridge
- The Main Street Bridge was complete in the late summer, early fall.
Town of Pictou entrance
- A Recent study done to determine the best possible way to attract business in from TCH 106 suggested a few changes to the way the roads are laid out in the area, and would involve a few land deals being made. Link
Four Story Seniors Complex
- Location near East River Road, first floor retail, remaining floors seniors housing. Link
Albion Power Centre Strip Projects
- The last update for this project was that they were still waiting for a few more tenants. Construction could begin any day. Link
A Subway Restaurant is also approved in the park
Exit 21 development (Westville exit)
- Highland Truck Service is currently under construction along with a road to access the area. A restaurant is also approved for the area.
Pictou County Wellness Centre
- Construction on the Wellness Centre began in the spring, and continues into the new year. Most of the building outer frame work has come into place. Link
- Construction began at the beginning of December. The new location will replace old stores on New Glasgow and Stellarton.
Sobeys Head Offices Kings Street
- In November, the new building opened and the form location was demolished. Link
- Started producing wind turbine towers recently. Took around a year to convert the former railcar plant to the new tower making facility. The plant plans to expand to being capable of producing blades on the future. Link
Albion Place Stores
- Over the last year Central Supplies, Access Nova Scotia, and a Sobeys Gas Bar/Needs Convenience store all opened in the park.
"Mini Dartmouth Crossings"
- Not much information available on this project at the moment. Link
Two five story residential buildings
- The development will include the construction of two five-storey buildings situated on Marshland Drive. The first will be a 39-unit building with construction beginning in the spring of 2011, while the second would begin in the spring of 2014 and contain 63 units. This may have already begun construction, not sure Link
- Work began on the centre in early 2011, and has progressed slowly throughout the year. Link
- The new hospital is expected to be open within 2012, replacing the old hospital. Link
Tantramar Marsh Wind Farm
- Construction began on the wind farm in the summer, towers are now being put into place.