HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Central Park Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 4:20 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENSNYMAN View Post
Hey NYguy also look CPT has a spire to in that diagram, that's not accurate is it?
That's just a diagram, not the most up to date info.

NOVEMBER 21, 2015

Battle of the skyscrapers in full effect (220 CPS)

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2015, 6:14 AM

Go New York go.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2015, 6:45 AM
New Yorker for life

NOVEMBER 28, 2015

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Dec 4, 2015, 2:54 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Image from robertwalpole.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2015, 2:49 PM

Construction update November 2015

Hi Guys!

There is a construction update of the month of November:

Video Link

Thank you!!

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 1:24 AM
New Yorker for life

http://nypost.com/2015/12/08/how-a-s...ting-broadway/

How a soon-to-open Nordstrom is reinventing Broadway

By Lois Weiss
December 8, 2015

Quote:
t may be too early to count the retail chickens, but it is inevitable they will start to roost along the Broadway corridor from West 57th Street down to Times Square — all because of the coming Nordstrom at the base of the under-construction Central Park Tower at 225 W. 57th St.

The Nordstrom will also have a Broadway entrance, right across the street from the 3 Columbus Circle office building. Here, second-floor retail signage proclaims “Across From Nordstrom,” as Winick Realty Group promotes its own large retail availability.

“Nordstrom’s entry into Manhattan is arguably one of retail’s most anticipated store openings,” says Kelly Gedinsky of Winick Realty Group, who is marketing the space opposite the new Nordstrom. Gedinsky adds, “Shopping patterns will most certainly change as consumers are almost guaranteed to be driven to this section of the city.”

Nearby, the discount retailer TJ Maxx is attracting fashionistas to its almost 30,000-square-foot perch on the south side of West 57th Street at Eighth Avenue.

To ensure another competitor doesn’t open across from its Broadway entrance, brokers say Nordstrom is negotiating for the spot at 3 Columbus Circle. The end user may be Nordstrom Rack, its charitable Treasure & Bond brand, the brick-and-mortar Pop In@Nordstrom, which features ever-changing lineups such as the current promotion for Opening Ceremony — or even an entirely new concept the Seattle-based department store is cooking up in order to excite shoppers about the city’s first store, which will not open for several more years.

But there is a wrinkle: Along with the available space, Nordstrom would like to take over the prime corner now occupied by Bank of America on Broadway at 57th Street.

Gedinsky represents the building and declined to comment on any potential deals with Nordstrom or any other retailer.

“Nordstrom is the anchor,” declares Gene Spiegelman, vice chairman of Cushman & Wakefield. “It is the north end of Times Square, and it will meet the south end.” But, he warns, it could take a decade.

The corridor should get a boost as the Nordstrom effect takes over and pedestrian patterns change. Certainly, more feet will be on 57th Street’s “Billionaires’ Row,” where condominiums are either open or under construction with prices that rise into the stratosphere — just like the units themselves, which can be some 1,500 feet in the clouds. Case in point: the ones being developed by Extell Development right on top of Nordstrom.

“You have that residential development going east-west on 57th Street, and we will see the trickle effect from Times Square going north and south [from the Bow Tie, the central area where Seventh Avenue and Broadway cross],” agrees Jason Pruger, executive managing director at Newmark Grubb Knight Frank.

Gary Barnett’s Extell is planning a completely new 60-story tower with nearly 400,000 square feet of space at 1710 Broadway, on the southeast corner of West 54th Street, which will likely include new street-level retail.

Expected to become a mix of condos and hotels, 1710 will join 3,000 to 6,000 area hotel rooms that bring tourists and business executives for some local food, folks and fun.

CBS’ television staple, “The Late Show with Stephen Colbert,” has also reignited the energy around the Ed Sullivan Theater at 1697 Broadway, mid-block between West 53rd and 54th streets. Here, audience and staff create bumps in business......

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 2:47 AM
Mr. Technology

It will be interesting to compare Nordstrom to Bergdorf Goodman (being that the two stores are both facing each other on both sides of 5th Ave.)

Nice stores, I've shopped at both.
We will have to wait until the retail portion actually opens for business to really compare.
It's not just opinions here, it's about the experience.

Has anyone on this forum ever shopped at a genuine Nordstrom store?

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 11:26 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

^ sure, ive been in nordstrom stores in dallas, cleveland and seattle. i think thats about it? i would say the bg experience feels more classic and posh and nordstrom more traditional mall like. i dk about the merch, i'm mostly just a shop widow* or breeze through them window shopper type. seems about the same, but i dk that for sure -- more hardcore higher end shoppers would know.

*a shop widow is where you wander around, plop in seated areas or stand on the street while your sig other shops.

Old Posted Dec 9, 2015, 7:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post

Has anyone on this forum ever shopped at a genuine Nordstrom store?
Nordstrom isn't a luxury store like BG. It's more like a nice, upper middle class store, like Bloomingdales or Lord & Taylor.

They're in practically every decent mall in America.

Old Posted Dec 10, 2015, 11:29 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

i see a lot of topshops have popped up in nordstroms, which is neither here nor there for this nordstroms, but a good way for topshop to spread itself around the usa without having to open up stores. so nordstroms has that for-the-people 'gap' level of merchandise, which bg certainly does not cater to. i dk how bg and nordstroms match up on the higher end though.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 1:49 PM
Ex Houstonian

I honestly don't get why this Nordstroms is such a huge deal. I've been to many of them and they're just a fancier Macy's and can be found in most cities biggest malls.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 2:02 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Its the first big Nordstrom in NYC thats not an outlet. There's one on Union Square, and another large one planned in Lower Manhattan. Either way, it will generate even more attention for the area. People just think of Nordstrom when it comes to tower because they are the anchor tenant.

In reality though, this is the CPT tower. The store is just the public portion of it, but most of it is a refugee camp for the elite, and the tallest in the Western Hemisphere. For now...

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 2:36 PM

The first of anything is usually hyped up around here. There were lines around the block for a freaking Chick-Fil-A grand opening for example.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 7:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by photoLith View Post
I honestly don't get why this Nordstroms is such a huge deal. I've been to many of them and they're just a fancier Macy's and can be found in most cities biggest malls.
I don't think the Nordstrom is that big of a deal. It's the tower that contains the Nordstrom that's the big deal.

The Nordstrom itself is not insignificant, as it will be the global flagship, and will supposedly be a unique design over seven floors with different offerings than the typical Nordstrom. And there are no other Nordstroms in NYC, though they were looking for about 15 years (now supposedly a second one is planned for Lower Manhattan). And the store will anchor what is shaping up to be a new retail corridor (previously there was little retail of interest along West 57th), and will finally connect Times Square and Columbus Circle.

But it's really the tower that's the star here, unless you're a shopper type.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2015, 11:24 PM
Mr. Technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
The Nordstrom itself is not insignificant, as it will be the global flagship, and will supposedly be a unique design over seven floors with different offerings than the typical Nordstrom.
This is what Bloomingdales is.
I just love how you can enter the store directly from the 4 - 5 - 6 lines below.
I took advantage of the subway access quite frequently back in the day!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
But it's really the tower that's the star here, unless you're a shopper type.
Unless you're a tourist, you will be shopping there!

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 12:53 AM

Since we haven't seen the upper floor schematics for the 1550 ft version, I'm very curious as to what elevation the highest occupied floor will be at, and whether it will be a residence or a private observatory/party room for condo owners.

By looking at the 1522' version, it looks like the mezzanine floor is the highest non-machinery floor, but I don't know if that counts as occupied or not.

Either way, I believe we are looking at the first occupied floors over 1400 ft in the western hemisphere (not counting the CN Tower space deck at 1465')

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 2:29 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Since we haven't seen the upper floor schematics for the 1550 ft version, I'm very curious as to what elevation the highest occupied floor will be at, and whether it will be a residence or a private observatory/party room for condo owners.

By looking at the 1522' version, it looks like the mezzanine floor is the highest non-machinery floor, but I don't know if that counts as occupied or not.

Either way, I believe we are looking at the first occupied floors over 1400 ft in the western hemisphere (not counting the CN Tower space deck at 1465')
I remember reading the top apartment was something like 1,432', not sure if that's the exact figure but it's in that ballpark.

There is of course mechanical and maybe event space above that.

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 2:58 AM

Cool- thanks!

by far the highest views in Manhattan...

Old Posted Dec 13, 2015, 3:14 AM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Cool- thanks!

by far the highest views in Manhattan...
It's hard to even begin to imagine living in a place like that. Maybe all of SSP can pitch in some money, buy it, and we can take turns going up there

Old Posted Dec 15, 2015, 4:12 AM
New Yorker for life

DECEMBER 12, 2015

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive