HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters
     
Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #3261  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:30 AM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
All I do is score goals!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberguy View Post
Oilers are going to be scary group.
I disagree... no defense and average goaltending.

Eberle is awesome, the best player on the Oilers.
Hall is injury prone unless he changes his style.
Nugent-Hopkins already had 2 shoulders injuries last year. Needs to add muscle.
Yakupov (if they keep their pick) has had several injuries as well in the last year.

They are great players but there are no Crosby/Malkin.

They won't make the playoffs next year.
__________________
Montreal Alouettes: 2009 Grey Cup Champions!!!
Montreal Alouettes: 2010 Grey Cup Champions!!!BACK TO BACK
Chicago: Part 1
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3
     
     
  #3262  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:43 AM
vegeta_skyline's Avatar
vegeta_skyline vegeta_skyline is offline
Registered User, Maybe
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,187
+1
__________________
EM71 = MVP
     
     
  #3263  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 2:46 AM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
All I do is score goals!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,379
Haha Grigorenko... good to see the kid is aware of what's happening in MTL.


http://twitter.com/#!/wtfpineapple/s.../photo/1/large
__________________
Montreal Alouettes: 2009 Grey Cup Champions!!!
Montreal Alouettes: 2010 Grey Cup Champions!!!BACK TO BACK
Chicago: Part 1
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3
     
     
  #3264  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 4:03 AM
Boreal's Avatar
Boreal Boreal is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Winnipeg
Posts: 1,481
I think Grigorenko would be an excellent pick for the Habs, but Columbus has to be over thinking things if they pass on Grigorenko to take Ryan Murray. Some of the best defensemen in the NHL don't come out of the lottery, and Murray is certainly not a transcendent specimen that you take instead of selecting a super skilled big pivot for. Plus, with Rick Nash on his way out, Columbus needs to sell tickets, and Murray does not sell tickets or offer up the kind of hope for the future that Grigorenko does.

It will be interesting to see how far down Morgan Reilly slips as a result of the injury.

I wouldn't be surprised if Yakupov, Grigorenko and Galchenyuk go 1,2,3.
     
     
  #3265  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 1:48 PM
MrOilers's Avatar
MrOilers MrOilers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
I disagree... no defense and average goaltending.

Eberle is awesome, the best player on the Oilers.
Hall is injury prone unless he changes his style.
Nugent-Hopkins already had 2 shoulders injuries last year. Needs to add muscle.
Yakupov (if they keep their pick) has had several injuries as well in the last year.

They are great players but there are no Crosby/Malkin.

They won't make the playoffs next year.
That's funny. You slam these Oilers players because they got some injuries, yet you glow about made-of-glass Markov like he's the greatest player in the NHL.
     
     
  #3266  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 3:02 PM
MrOilers's Avatar
MrOilers MrOilers is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,167
I also am LOL-ing at all the idiots out there (whom I suspect are sour Habs and Leafs supporters) who claim that the draft lottery is rigged.
     
     
  #3267  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 3:07 PM
freeweed's Avatar
freeweed freeweed is offline
Home of Hyperchange
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Dynamic City, Alberta
Posts: 17,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
I also am LOL-ing at all the idiots out there (whom I suspect are sour Habs and Leafs supporters) who claim that the draft lottery is rigged.
ROFL. I haven't heard those conspiracy theories yet. Yes, the NHL is rigging the draft lottery in favour of a small-market Canadian team that it almost let move a while back, at the expense of its 2 signature Canadian franchises and a poorly thought out and poorly attended expansion franchise that represents all that is wrong with their expansion plans over the past 15 years.

     
     
  #3268  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 5:46 PM
Coldrsx's Avatar
Coldrsx Coldrsx is offline
Community Guy
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 39,314
__________________
"The destructive effects of automobiles are much less a cause than a symptom of our incompetence at city building" - Jane Jacobs 1961ish

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers
     
     
  #3269  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 8:13 PM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
All I do is score goals!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
I also am LOL-ing at all the idiots out there (whom I suspect are sour Habs and Leafs supporters) who claim that the draft lottery is rigged.
I haven't heard anyone say that.
__________________
Montreal Alouettes: 2009 Grey Cup Champions!!!
Montreal Alouettes: 2010 Grey Cup Champions!!!BACK TO BACK
Chicago: Part 1
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3
     
     
  #3270  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 8:28 PM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
All I do is score goals!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
That's funny. You slam these Oilers players because they got some injuries, yet you glow about made-of-glass Markov like he's the greatest player in the NHL.
Wow... Oilers fans are mad. But I don't blame them... being known as the worst team of all-time (sharing the honor with the Nords) isn't too easy.

I only stated the truth while adding that they "are great players".
Markov do have a knee made of glass and it's one of the reason we finished so low. However, that doesn't change the fact that he's a great D-man when playing. The same thing applies for the Oilers youngsters as well, they are great players if healthy.
__________________
Montreal Alouettes: 2009 Grey Cup Champions!!!
Montreal Alouettes: 2010 Grey Cup Champions!!!BACK TO BACK
Chicago: Part 1
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3
     
     
  #3271  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 11:13 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,234
worst team of all-time? I know the Oilers have finished low for a couple of years... How about the leafs who haven't made the playoffs since the lockout, or won a cup since there was more than 6 times in the league?
     
     
  #3272  
Old Posted Apr 11, 2012, 11:25 PM
Calgarian's Avatar
Calgarian Calgarian is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Calgary, AB
Posts: 18,754
The Washington Capitals had the worst team of all time in 1974-75, 8-67-5 record for a whopping 21 points!
__________________
Git'er done!
     
     
  #3273  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 12:38 AM
Xelebes's Avatar
Xelebes Xelebes is offline
Sawmill Billowtoker
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rockin' in Edmonton
Posts: 10,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
Wow... Oilers fans are mad. But I don't blame them... being known as the worst team of all-time (sharing the honor with the Nords) isn't too easy.

I only stated the truth while adding that they "are great players".
Markov do have a knee made of glass and it's one of the reason we finished so low. However, that doesn't change the fact that he's a great D-man when playing. The same thing applies for the Oilers youngsters as well, they are great players if healthy.
Worst team of all time was the Washington Capitals in the 1970s before they landed Rod Langway and Mike Gartner, not speaking of the Dawson City Nuggets.
     
     
  #3274  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 5:44 AM
Ayreonaut's Avatar
Ayreonaut Ayreonaut is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Calgary, AB - Home | St. John's, NL - School
Posts: 11,579
The Oilers are a pretty good "worst team of all time". They're actually pretty fun to watch lose (and I don't just mean that because I cheer against them).
     
     
  #3275  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 6:14 AM
Nicko999's Avatar
Nicko999 Nicko999 is offline
All I do is score goals!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 12,379
By "worst team of all-time", I mean for a period of 3-4 years.

Just like the late 70's Habs and the mid 80's Oilers were the best teams ever.

We have never seen a team so low for such a long period of time (excluding the Nordiques), at least not in the modern era.
__________________
Montreal Alouettes: 2009 Grey Cup Champions!!!
Montreal Alouettes: 2010 Grey Cup Champions!!!BACK TO BACK
Chicago: Part 1
Chicago: Part 2
Naperville, IL: Part 3
     
     
  #3276  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 1:27 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,234
Columbus?
     
     
  #3277  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:14 PM
Xelebes's Avatar
Xelebes Xelebes is offline
Sawmill Billowtoker
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Rockin' in Edmonton
Posts: 10,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
By "worst team of all-time", I mean for a period of 3-4 years.

Just like the late 70's Habs and the mid 80's Oilers were the best teams ever.

We have never seen a team so low for such a long period of time (excluding the Nordiques), at least not in the modern era.
The Washington Capitals fit the bill.

1974-1975: 8-67-5 (21)
1975-1976: 11-59-10 (32)
1976-1977: 16-55-9 (41)
1977-1978: 17-49-14 (48)
     
     
  #3278  
Old Posted Apr 12, 2012, 4:34 PM
feepa's Avatar
feepa feepa is offline
Change is good
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,234
the seasons over. Not much point in keeping this thread open with the playoff thread now ...
     
     
End
   
Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.