HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 1:57 AM
Because I'm Clever!

What's up with the NYC diagram?

Not sure if this is the right section, but it looks like a bunch of the primary diagrams were switched recently, most conspicuously (to me at least) was the switch to my 3 year old, really ugly (and extremely outdated, and did I mention ugly?) 3WTC drawing. I kept the old diagram in there for personal progress reasons (comparing how much better the new stuff looks versus the old). If it's going to stay primary, I think I'd rather delete it permanently. I kind of hate it.

Guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 2:31 AM
I am a typical

I think you had been away when this was announced, but basically, Dylan rotates the diagrams every once in a while to keep things "fresh".

I don't necessarily agree with that but it's his site.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 10:51 AM
BANNED

exactly STR, the site goes primary in owner's taste. He decides what is the best for his site. I would also prefer many other top qualities of diagrams as primary, but this is not the preference, however I am in no decision position, so C'est La vie. For example my full of efforts diagram to Kingdom Tower in Arabian area is much better what is put as primary, a poor one. Unfortunatly is so. Make us disappointed and frustated, but it is how works.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 11:27 AM
Because I'm Clever!

Well, I'm not telling anyone how to run their property. Merely trying to get some insight before making a decision about one of my older drawings. Thank you for such an insight.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 5:46 PM
Website Manager

STR, I actually think your older 3WTC drawing is the best of the bunch. You newer one is good as well, but because of the reflections of other buildings visible on it I find it to not be as good as your older drawing.

I have switched your new drawing to be primary now though.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
I think you had been away when this was announced, but basically, Dylan rotates the diagrams every once in a while to keep things "fresh".

I don't necessarily agree with that but it's his site.
That must be why they changed the well made diagrams of the hancock center and trump tower with crappy ones. Kind of pointless if you ask me, the diagrams should be getting better not worse just for the sake of being "fresh".

Old Posted Jun 29, 2011, 8:04 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Leblanc View Post
STR, I actually think your older 3WTC drawing is the best of the bunch. You newer one is good as well, but because of the reflections of other buildings visible on it I find it to not be as good as your older drawing.
Yeah, it looks kinda meh on the 1:1's. It looks pretty f'ing awesome on the 4:1 when you can actually make out the distorted glass effect. If/when I get around to updating everything, I'll tone down the reflections. Maybe something closer to this test render

Quote:
I have switched your new drawing to be primary now though.
Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 2, 2011, 4:26 PM

STR, remember to watermark any images displayed on the forum to keep peeps from using them without proper credit

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams