HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jun 17, 2019, 4:45 PM

Super pic, alt_center! (Doh!) Can anyone from like Ave. P or the rowing clubhouse down Spadina give another spec? It's been a long time since we've had an overview. Cheers!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 1:39 PM

Adding webcam to new page...

Old Posted Jun 20, 2019, 10:16 PM

Is this under construction yet? Technically it's not above ground level so is this still being prepped?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2019, 2:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
Is this under construction yet? Technically it's not above ground level so is this still being prepped?
This is a four tower project, two of which (the ALT hotel and the condo) are completed, and one of which (the smaller office tower) is nearing completion.

The Nutrien Tower hasn't technically broken ground yet, but the remainder of the project has.

Hope this helps

Old Posted Jun 22, 2019, 3:46 PM

Dalreg probably determined by who you talk to, construction workers pouring concrete or us trying to abide by some absurd definition no one can agree on. lol

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 12:47 AM

Sorry folks, I didn't do the "sarcasm" alert.

Technically this portion isn't above ground level so by SSP standards I would say it's prep work. lol.....

Old Posted Jun 23, 2019, 2:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalreg View Post
Sorry folks, I didn't do the "sarcasm" alert.

Technically this portion isn't above ground level so by SSP standards I would say it's prep work. lol.....
Technically this portion started much later than the other towers, since they reached grade level before this tower was announced, this thread was edited to ' under construction '. Therefore, it will remain so.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2019, 2:34 PM

Sarcasm's not just for anyone. So, how do you construct an underground parkade without beginning construction?>) ~just to keep the backyard firepit burning.

Last edited by Ricopedra; Jun 24, 2019 at 6:28 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 2:17 AM

Last edited by Echoes; Jun 28, 2019 at 7:10 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 3:33 PM

It really has become a beautiful location in our city with cool architecture and green space combined! Thanks for the great pics, Echoes.

Hopefully the area will become a bit more animated in the evening if there are some decent ground floor commercial/service/restaurant options in the new towers.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2019, 11:14 PM

Saskatoon’s waterfront is really taking shape now. Thanks for capturing some great photos for us, Echoes. Some wonderful postcards there.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 7:08 PM

The Nutrien Tower will be the perfect crowning piece to our contemporary new riverfront that popped up out of nothing.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2019, 11:13 PM

Anyone hear how their special "final sale" event went the last 2 days. They were promoting that there were 6 units left and had a special sales event on June 26th and 27th. Just wondering if they sold them?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Anyone hear how their special "final sale" event went the last 2 days. They were promoting that there were 6 units left and had a special sales event on June 26th and 27th. Just wondering if they sold them?
I went to have a look on Thursday. They told me they had 400 people through and they sold at least one. The sheet they handed out (to me anyway) had 10 units on it. But when another agent saw the sheet I was holding they said they gave me the wrong sheet and not all listed there were available! I guess that's a long way of saying that despite going there I do not know how many are actually available. I saw one couple that I think were very interested in one (I couldn't help but overhear them)

There was only one with a north city view (i.e., next to the hotel). Having the hotel right there wasn't as bad as I though it would be, and the layout was actually kind of neat (but very small). But, the city view (which I thought was very nice) will be mostly obstructed by the Nutrien Tower.

The only south view unit was on the second floor. The trees pretty much obstructed the river. But, if you like lots of activity and hubbub below (some people do) then its actually not bad at all. It is just a studio though and very small.

All the rest have west views. I found the west views a little disappointing (they are still fantastic, just not quite up to what I imagined). Of course there was the "big sky" and I'm sure the sunsets will be amazing, but you are actually looking over acres of rooftops and parking lots. Hopefully that will improve (arena? farmers market condo? library?)

The interiors were simple and cheap... but I think that is pretty much what was promised. In summary all the good views are long gone and the prices are pretty steep for runner-up views.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 2:55 PM

How much were the remaining units discounted from their original list prices? I imagine a lot of folks are holding out for their eastside development now and just comparing. I would be.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2019, 3:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricopedra View Post
How much were the remaining units discounted from their original list prices? I imagine a lot of folks are holding out for their eastside development now and just comparing. I would be.
I think they are totally their own worst (best?) competitor now. There was no mention of any discount on the published prices, although maybe they will negotiate. I don't know what the original prices were but the published prices are pretty high. E.g., $259,900 for the 2nd floor 476 sq. ft. studio with a south view (and no parking spot) to $677,900 for a 17th floor 1065 sq ft 2 bed with west view and 1 parking spot. That's about $637/sqft which is pretty high by Saskatoon standards.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2019, 3:06 PM

If I recall, those are pretty much on par with their original list prices. I am sure their philosophy is to not 'undervalue' their product already, in light of their new development (Highpoint) coming on stream for sales this summer/fall.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 2:00 AM

July 10 Pics:

^^^ Forming for the 3rd level of parking on the south side of the parkade. The north side is definitely deeper and connects to the 4th level of the existing parkade.

^^^ Stone (I think) on the podium.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 2:50 PM

Echoes has some great pics there, but I am still looking for that perfect angle and focal length that some how captures the Remai, RL, the Bess, the River and some bridges. Is this possible?

Old Posted Jul 11, 2019, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Echoes has some great pics there, but I am still looking for that perfect angle and focal length that some how captures the Remai, RL, the Bess, the River and some bridges. Is this possible?
It can be done from the Buckwold Bridge walkway I'm sure. Probably not with my iPhone though

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan