HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 6:51 PM
^now West Centretown

494 Lisgar – Apartment Building – 4 storeys + 5th flr landing - Site Plan Control

Proposed lowrise apartment building in Centretown. Sign went up on site yesterday.
http://app01.ottawa.ca/postingplans/...appId=__0F0ML5
Renderings:

Current site, with four dilapidated buildings; a former duplex, and three SFD. (sorry for the bad winter backlighting, will try and get a better pic in afternoon sun sometime). The red brick building on the east end of the site was reportedly a former grow-op a long time ago, since remediated, I heard.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 6:54 PM
Living With My Mother

Boring renderings phoned in by a hungover and uninspired architect. Surely to win praise and full support by Ottawa city council.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2017, 8:32 PM

Although I appreciate the redevelopment and this would be better than the status-quo, this is Lisgar street in the heart of downtown and Centretown! Why the hell wouldn't they go up to at least like 9 floors? Get some density in there! I kowo some single family homes in the suburbs that are bigger/denser than this

Old Posted Feb 4, 2017, 3:50 AM
Planet Ottawa and beyond

494 Lisgar St | 14m | 4fl | Proposed

The applicant proposes to demolish the existing residential buildings and construct a four-storey apartment building on the subject property at 494 Lisgar Street. The apartment building is proposed to contain 21 dwelling units, consisting of one-bedroom and two-bedroom layouts.

Vehicular parking is provided in an underground parking garage that is proposed to include eight stalls. Two additional stalls are reserved as tandem spaces, if desired by tenants. Access to the garage is provided by means of a driveway connected to a ramp along the west side of the property.

Bicycle parking with capacity for 18 spaces is proposed on the basement level adjacent to the underground parking garage.

Balconies are included on the north and south sides of the building to provide private amenity space for each unit. A communal amenity area is proposed at grade in the rear of the building, along with two private patios connected to main floor units. A rooftop patio accessible by elevator and stairwell is included to provide additional communal outdoor space for residents. A fitness room is proposed for the main floor adjacent to the building lobby.

Renderings:

Site:

Last edited by rocketphish; Feb 4, 2017 at 2:22 PM.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2017, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTSkyline View Post
Although I appreciate the redevelopment and this would be better than the status-quo, this is Lisgar street in the heart of downtown and Centretown! Why the hell wouldn't they go up to at least like 9 floors? Get some density in there! I kowo some single family homes in the suburbs that are bigger/denser than this
The rest of the neighbourhood is 2-3 stories. A mid block 9 story building would be ridiculously out of place.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 3:46 PM

single family homes that are denser than a 21-unit building? what's this "family" at? 30 kids and counting?

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa